ICSE Worksheet for chapter-7 Atomic Structure class 9
Worksheet For class 9
Find ICSE Worksheet for chapter-7 Atomic Structure class 9
Chemistry Worksheet - 7
TOPIC: Atomic Structure
For other ICSE Worksheet for class 9 Science check out main page of Physics Wallah.
- Dalton’s atomic theory and modern atomic theory.
- Discovery of electrons, protons, atomic nucleus (Rutherford’s experiment), neutrons.
- Atomic number, mass number, electronic configuration, octet rule.
- Isotopes, isobars, formation of electrovalent and covalent compounds.
Elements X, Y, Z have atomic numbers 6, 9 and 12 respectively. Which one
- Forms anion – negative ion.
- Forms cation – positive ion.
- Has 4 electrons in the outermost orbit ?
Fill in the blanks spaces with appropriate words :
- The charge on the positive rays depends upon____________ of gas in the ___________ tube.
- The anode rays (positive rays) obtained from ____________ gas, consists of only protons.
- What is the main cause of existence of isotopes ?
- Why do all elements have fractional atomic mass ?
- a) Name an element which has one valence electron, but is a non-metal.
- Name an element which has two valence electrons, but is a noble gas.
- Why do the isotopes of same elements have similar chemical properties ?
SECTION – 2
Draw the atomic structure of the following elements geometrically, clearly showing the
- Number of protons,
- Number of neutrons,
Number of electrons in various shell around nucleus
- The ratio of isotopes of in natural chlorine is 1 : 3. Calculate the fractional atomic mass of chlorine.
- Atomic number of elements A, B, C and D are 3, 9, 11, and17 respectively. Identify two pairs amongst the elements which have similar chemical properties. Which pair is likely to be metallic in character ?
- Who discovered nucleus within an atom ?
- Briefly describe the experiment which led to the discovery of nucleus.
- State three ways by which a proton differs from an electron.
- Class 9 Physics Notes
- Class 9 Chemistry Notes
- Class 9 Biology Notes
- Class 9 Maths Notes
- Class 9 Online Quiz Physics
- Class 9 Online Quiz Chemistry
- Class 9 Online Quiz Maths
- NCERT Solutions For Class 9
- RS Aggarwal Solutions Class-9
- RD Sharma solutions Class-9
- VK Agarwal Solution Class 9
- Lakhmir Singh Solutions Physics
- Lakhmir Singh Solutions Chemistry
- Important Question Class-9 Maths
- Important Question Class-9 Science
- Maths sample papers class 9
- Ask your Doubt
- Science Formulas
- Maths Formula
- NCERT Exemplar Class 9 Maths