CUET - Exam Date, Application Form, Syllabus & Updates
The Common University Entrance Test (CUET) has been introduced for the admissions of all undergraduates into the central universities across the country for the academic session of 2023-24 under the Ministry of Education (MoE).
Unlike this year, NTA has decided that CUET will be held twice a year to give students a better opportunity to succeed.
The test analyzes students' capabilities to get into these reputed 45 central universities. The examination for the session 2022-23 is already going on. You can easily find the details on the official website.
|Name of the Exam||CUET 2023|
|Full-form||Common University Entrance Test|
|Exam level||National Level|
|Conducting Body||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Courses offered||UG & PG level courses|
|Application mode||Online mode|
|Exam mode||Online (Computer Based Test) mode|
|Date of exam||
2nd week of June 2023 (UG)
3rd week of July 2023 (PG)
The NTA will conduct the CUET examination in 150+ test centers for the convenience of the students. Here is the list of participating universities and colleges with complete details. Students are requested to check the list before taking further actions:
|Name of the University||State||Location||Established in Year|
|Aligarh Muslim University||Uttar Pradesh||Aligarh||1920|
|Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar University||Uttar Pradesh||Lucknow||1996|
|Banaras Hindu University||Uttar Pradesh||Varanasi||1916|
|Central University of Andhra Pradesh||Andhra Pradesh||Anantapur||2019|
|Central University of South Bihar||Bihar||Gaya||2009|
|Central University of Gujarat||Gujarat||Gandhinagar||2009|
|Central University of Haryana||Haryana||Mahendragarh||2009|
|Central University of Himachal Pradesh||Himachal Pradesh||Dharamsala||2009|
|Central University of Jammu||Jammu and Kashmir||Jammu||2011|
|Central University of Jharkhand||Jharkhand||Ranchi||2009|
|Central University of Karnataka||Karnataka||Kalaburagi||2009|
|Central University of Kashmir||Jammu and Kashmir||Srinagar||2009|
|Central University of Kerala||Kerala||Kasaragod||2009|
|Central University of Odisha||Odisha||Koraput||2009|
|Central University of Punjab||Punjab||Bathinda||2009|
|Central University of Rajasthan||Rajasthan||Ajmer||2009|
|Central University of Tamil Nadu||Tamil Nadu||Tiruvarur||2009|
|Dr. Harisingh Gaur Vishwa Vidyalaya||Madhya Pradesh||Sagar||1946|
|Guru Ghasidas Vishwavidyalaya||Chhattisgarh||Bilaspur||1983 (2009)|
|Hemvati Nandan Bahuguna Garhwal University||Uttrakhand||Srinagar||1973|
|Indira Gandhi National Tribal University||Madhya Pradesh||Amarkantak||2007|
|Jamia Millia Islamia||Delhi||New Delhi||1920 (1988)|
|Jawaharlal Nehru University||Delhi||New Delhi||1969|
|Mahatma Gandhi Antarrashtriya Hindi Vishwavidyalaya||Maharashtra||Wardha||1997|
|Manipur University||Manipur||Imphal||1980 (2005)|
|Maulana Azad National Urdu University||Telangana||Hyderabad||1998|
|North Eastern Hill University||Meghalaya||Shillong||1973|
|Rajiv Gandhi University||Arunachal Pradesh||Itanagar||1985 (2007)|
|The English and Foreign Languages University||Telangana||Hyderabad||1958|
|University of Allahabad||Uttar Pradesh||Prayagraj||1887 (2005)|
|University of Delhi||Delhi||Delhi||1922|
|the University of Hyderabad||Telangana||Hyderabad||1974|
|Visva Bharati University||West Bengal||Bolpur||1921|
|Mahatma Gandhi Central University||Bihar||Motihari||2016|
|Central Sanskrit University, Delhi||Delhi||Delhi||1970|
|Shri Lal Bahadur Shastri National Sanskrit University||Delhi||New Delhi||1962 (2020)|
|National Sanskrit University||Andhra Pradesh||Tirupati||1961|
All the students who are preparing for CUET 2023 should know about the dates of the examination so that they can prepare accordingly. Here’s the list of all the examinations and the dates of the complete procedure.
|Application form releases||1st week of April 2023|
|Last date to submit application form||4th week of May 2023|
|Application correction||3rd to 4th week of May 2023|
|Admit Card||1st week of June 2023|
|CUET (UG) Exam||2nd week of June 2023|
|Answer Key releases||3rd week of June 2023|
|Result declaration||4th week of June 2023|
|Counselling starts||1st week of July 2023|
NTA has decided to change the pattern of the examination, it has yet not decided what will be the changes. Still, one thing which is fixed is that the syllabus will be based on class 12. Here’s the pattern of the examination which can help the students.
UG Question Paper 1
|Total number of questions||100|
|Types of Questions||MCQs|
Part A -
25 MCQs from Numerical ability, general knowledge, English
Part B -
Physics and Chemistry (25+25 MCQs)
Part III & IV are Mathematics & Biology respectively. Only one section to be attempted (25 MCQs)
UG Question Paper 2
|Types of Questions||MCQs|
|Total number of questions||100|
|Topics||English, analytical skills, numerical aptitude/ data interpretation, general aptitude, general knowledge, reasoning|
Candidates can submit their application fees via online mode
Candidate can pay through credit card, debit card, or UPI pay
The application fee will be non-refundable
|Category||Centres in India (Each Slot)||Centres outside India (Each Slot)|
|General/ UN-Reserved||Rs. 650/-||Rs. 3000/-|
|General-EWS/ OBC-NCL||Rs. 600/-|
|SC/ ST/ PwBD/ 3rd Gender||Rs. 550/-||Rs. 3000/-|
We’ve provided a complete list of the regulations which you need to follow before moving on to the next step:
- Applicant must be a citizen of India and have Indian Nationality Citizenship.
- Qualification for UG: Applicants must have passed their +2 from a recognized board.
- Qualification for PG: Applicants must have passed their bachelor’s degree from a recognized university/college to sit for the examination.
- Appearing applicants can also be applicable for the examination, but they need to submit proof of passing before the deadline.
All the aspirants must study the class 12th syllabus first. In section 1A and 1B, the reading and comprehension language will be tested in the examination. For the next part, you need to study from your NCERT Textbooks and for the final section, your general knowledge will be tested.
|Part B||Section I (Physics)||
|Section II (Chemistry)||
|Section III (Mathematics)||
|Section IV (Biology)||
Below is the complete process of application form for CUET 2023:
- NTA will release the CUET 2023 application form separately for the UG and PG program.
- The application form will be released through online mode.
- No other mode of application will be accepted to fill out the application form
- The application form for the UG program will be open from the first week of April to the last week of May 2023.
- The PG program application form will be open from the second week of May to the third week of June 2023.
- Applicants must upload a passport-size photograph and signature while filling out the application form.
- Applicants must fill out the application form before the last day of submission.
- All the applicants must fulfill all the requirements before filling out the application form.
- There will be a correction facility for your help.
- Once you fill out the form, take a printout of the application form and keep it for further use.
Fill out the application form by following the instructions mentioned below:
- Step 1: Visit the official website of CUET
- Step 2: For the new applicants, click on the ‘Registration’ tab.
- Step 3: Check out all the instructions and then fill out the details.
- Step 4: Fill out all the details (personal or any other)
- Step 5: Check and confirm the password and fill out the security pin.
- Step 6: Check the details and enter the OTP (One Time Password)
- Step 7: After successfully registering, log in with the application Id and password
- Step 8: Fill out the University name and the program you want to enroll in
- Step 9: Select the test papers and the slots for the examination
- Step 10: Select the no. of preferred exam centers
- Step 11: Upload the passport-size photograph and the signature
- Step 12: Re-check the details and then submit the option
The marking scheme for the UG and PG programs is the same for all the courses. So every aspirant, make sure to check out the marking scheme for your further reference.
|Type of Questions||MCQs|
|Correct Answer||+1 mark|
|Incorrect Answer||-0.25 marks|
|Non-attempted questions||0 marks|
|Total Marks||100 marks|
To get admission into the colleges, and you need to get a good score in the CUET examination. The colleges/universities will provide a list of the cut-offs for the admissions. Cut-offs differ from category to category.
There’re two main factors to consider while selecting:
- Number of candidates sitting for the examination
- The difficulty level of the examination
- These are the tips you need to follow while preparing:
- Make a proper timetable for the examination and follow it accordingly.
- Ensure you’re updated with all the general information and the current affairs.
- Do follow all the NCERT textbooks of class 12.
- Keep updated about the syllabus of the examination.
- Focus on your strengths and weaknesses.
- Do not panic.
Q1. When will the application form for CUET released?
Ans. For the UG program, the application form will release in the first week of April 2023.
Q2. What is the full form of CUET?
Ans. The full form of CUET is Central University Entrance Test. The admission test is conducted by the National Test Agency for the admission of the students under UG and PG programs.
Q3. What details are mentioned in the CUET Admit Card?
Ans. Name of the candidate, program applied for, category, a photograph of the student, signature, medium of the examination, and exam center is mentioned in the CUET admit card.
Q4. How many attempts are there in CUET?
Ans. This year CUET has decided to increase the number of attempts from 1 to 2 . It’ll help the students to get better opportunities.