NEET Exam : Important Dates, Exam Pattern, Eligibility Criteria & PYQ's
National Eligibility cum Entrance Test, is the only single level medical entrance examination across India for the candidates pursuing a medical degree in India. The neet examination is for the admission of the undergraduate candidates to various courses such as MBBS, BDS, Veterinary and furthermore. The NEET Examination is conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA). The NEET ug test was previously administered by CBSE before being taken over by NTA. On May 7, the NEET ug 2023 exam will be given in 11 languages, including Hindi and English.
The exam covers more than 90,000 seats for the MBBS and BDS programmes provided by numerous universities and institutions throughout India. All the crucial information, including the sort of questions, exam format, and others, will be made available with the publication of the NEET exam 2023 official booklet.
What is NEET Exam?
The full form of NEET is the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test is a national-level examination for all the candidates willing to pursue their degree from a recognized medical college.
The examination is conducted in the offline mode on yearly basis for the candidates with a duration of 3 hours and 20 minutes. The medical examination is conducted by the National Test Agency (NTA) for the candidates willing to pursue a career in the medical, BSc nursing, veterinary, BAMS and other medical/paramedical courses.
Also Check: Best NEET Coaching
|Name of the exam||National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (NEET)|
|Exam Conducting Body||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Exam Frequency||Once a year|
|Exam Mode||Offline (Pen and Paper based)|
|Medium of the exam||13 languages- Hindi, English, Urdu, Odia, Bengali, Assamese, Kannada, Malayalam, Tamil, Telugu, Gujarati, Marathi, Punjabi|
|Number of Questions||200 (180 to be attempted)|
|Number of Sections||4: Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice (MCQs)|
|Marking Scheme||+4: Correct; -1: Incorrect|
|Exam Duration||200 minutes (3 hours and 20 minutes)|
Important Dates NEET Exam 2023
NTA has announced the NEET 2023 Exam date to all the candidates willing to appear for the examination.
|NEET exam 2023 notification or exam date announcement||15-Dec-2022|
|NEET exam registration process||First week of March 2023 to First week of April 2023|
|NEET exam application correction process||Second week of April 2023|
|NEET ug 2023 admit card||Fourth week of April 2023|
|NEET exam date 2023||07-May-2023|
|NEET ug 2023 answer key release||First week of July 2023|
|NEET exam 2023 result and final answer key||Fourth week of July 2023|
NEET UG 2023 Application Process
The NEET UG applications will be released in the first week of March 2023. All the procedures will undergo in online mode. The last date of submission will be released in the first week of April 2023. The NEET registration 2023 process contains the following steps mentioned as follows:
- Visit the official website of NEET at www.neet.nta.nic.in
- Click on the bar mentioned above named as application form
- Start with the registration by filling out all the mandatory fields such as name, contact details and further details
- The application number and password will be generated in that process.
- Log in with all the credentials and complete the application form by filling all the educational details, password, medium of the examination, preferential cities and all the verification documentations.
- Pay for the application fees in online mode through credit/debit card, online banking etc.
- Download the application form for the future use.
NEET UG 2023 Exam Pattern
The NEET Exam Pattern 2023 will be same as the NEET 2022 exam pattern. The examination will be conducted in the pen-paper format, conducted for the duration of 200 minutes carrying 200 questions from the subjects Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
The Biology section will be divided into two categories: Botany and Zoology. Each section of the subject will carry two sections in which section A will be carrying 35 questions and section B will be carrying 15 questions out of which, you only need to attempt 10 questions in the examination. Here’s the structural outlet of the NEET exam pattern:
|Mode of Exam||Pen and Paper-based (Offline)|
|Duration||3 hours 20 minutes|
|Language||English, Hindi, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Marathi, Odia, Tamil, Telugu, Urdu, Punjabi and Malayalam.|
|Subjects||Biology (Botany+Zoology), Physics and Chemistry|
|Level of NEET 2023 questions||10+2|
|Total Questions asked||200|
|Total Questions to be answered||180|
|Type of Questions||MCQs|
|Marks for a correct answer||4 marks|
|Negative marking||-1 mark|
NEET UG Eligibility Criteria 2023
The candidates willing to appear for the NEET exam must undergo this NEET eligibility criteria to see if they’re eligible for the examination.
These following are the age factors that needs to be kept in mind while appearing for the examination:
- The minimum age of the candidates should be 17 years old as on the date of 31 december 2023.
- The maximum age for the NEET exam is 25 years for the General Category and 30 years for the reserved category which have been removed by the NMC.
The nationality are necessary to appear for the NEET Exam 2023:
- The candidate should be an Indian Nationals
- The candidate should be a Non-Resident Indians (NRIs)
- The candidate should be an Overseas Citizen of India (OCI)
- The candidate should be a Persons with Indian Origin (PIO)
- The candidate should be a Foreign Nationals
NEET UG 2023 Cut-off
Candidates should refer to the NEET cut-off 2023 for the previous year to analyse and understand the eligibility criteria for the admission process:
NEET UG 2023 Syllabus
The NEET Exam consist of three sections with the subject named as Physics, Chemistry and Biology. The syllabus will consist of the topics from the class 11 and 12. You will not find the entire NEET syllabus in your classes, so make sure you go through the entire syllabus of NEET Exam first and then move on to the preparation part.
NEET Previous Year Question Bank 2023
Solving the previous year question paper is crucial for every student. The NEET previous year question papers helps to analyse the pattern and the syllabus of the examination. The National Test Agency conducts the NEET exam in order to find the best possible candidates for the medical services.
Books for NEET Exam 2023
Choosing the right textbook is a hard choice for every candidate. So, here’s the list of all the textbooks necessary for the NEET exam preparation:
|NCERT Biology of Class XI and XII||NCERT|
|NCERT Physics of Class XI and XII||NCERT|
|NCERT Chemistry of Class XI and XII||NCERT|
|Objective NCERT at your FINGERTIPS for NEET - Biology||MTG Editorial Board|
|Objective NCERT at your FINGERTIPS for NEET - Physics||MTG Editorial Board|
|Objective NCERT at your FINGERTIPS for NEET - Chemistry||MTG Editorial Board|
|Concepts of Physics||H. C. Verma|
|NCERT Physics Textbooks||NCERT|
|D C Pandey Objective Physics for NEET exam||D C Pandey|
|NCERT Chemistry Textbooks||NCERT|
|GRB A Textbook of Physical Chemistry for NEET exam||O.P. Tandon|
|Elementary Problems in Organic Chemistry for NEET exam||M. S. Chauhan|
NEET UG 2023- Top Colleges and Seats
Check out the list of top colleges and the list of seats each college offers to get admission the NEET 2023 examination:
|All India Institute of Medical Sciences, AIIMS, Delhi||100|
|Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, PGIMER, Chandigarh||110|
|Christian Medical College, CMC, Bangalore||100|
|National Institute of Mental Health & Neuro Sciences, Bangalore||20|
|Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences, UP||NA|
|Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, TN||100|
|Banaras Hindu University, BHU, UP||250|
|Jawaharlal Institute of PostGraduate Medical Education & Research, JIPMER, Pondicherry||187|
|King George's Medical University, UP||250|
|Kasturba Medical College, Manipal||250|
NEET UG 2023 Result
- The result of the NEET exam tends to be released within 45-60 days after the examination. It will be declared on the official website of nta neet on the basis of the final working answer sheet.
- The result will be declared in the online mode in the form of scoreboard. All the candidates can go to the official website to download NEET scorecard. To check the result you need to follow NEET 2023 result.
NEET UG 2023 Counselling
- The conselling process for NEET 2023 will be carried out in the online mode for every qualifying candidate. The expected result of the NEET Exam 2023 will release in September 2023. On the basis of the merit list, you’ll be allotted in the NEET counselling sessions.
- There will be two different types of seats available for NEET 2023: AIQ seats and State Quota seats.
- MCC conducts the 15% AIQ seat counselling process, which is open to applicants from all around India. On the other side, each state independently conducts the counselling process for the 85% State quota seats in order to give admission to the applicants from that specific state in the medical colleges.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. When is neet result 2023?
Ans. The expected result of NEET 2023 will be announced in the month of September 2023.
Q2. What is neet examination?
Ans. NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) is an admission test to get into medical colleges.
Q3. Will neet 2023 be postponed?
Ans. There’s no information as of now about the neet 2023 about postponing the examination.
Q4. Is neet 2023 application form released?
Ans. The application will be released soon for the NEET 2023 examination in the month of december 2022.
Q5. How many marks are required in neet for mbbs?
Ans. Minimum 50% of aggregate marks are required in the NEET examination for MBBS.