Bihar Board Class 12 Physics Syllabus (2022-23)
Bihar School Examination Board (BSEB)
Students Preparing for Bihar Board Class 12 Physics exams involve studying traditional topics like electric charges and dynamic electricity. In addition to more modern topics like semiconductor electronics and communication systems. The Bihar Board Class 12 Syllabus 2022-23 is meant to get b foundations for the scholars meaning to pursue advanced courses in engineering and other academic courses. Bihar Board has reduced a 30% of 12th class syllabus 2021-2022 to the govt, as per reports.
The syllabus also focuses on practical’s with 30 marks allocated in the annual exams. Students also study a number of the recent research and developmental work administered within the fields associated with the topic in order that they stay updated. Overall the syllabus is meant with a robust specialize in the present and future trends in Physics subjects.
Bihar Board Class 12 Physics Syllabus 2022-23
Unit 1: Electrostatics
- Electric Charges, Conservation of charge, Coulomb’s law-force between two point charges, forces between multiple charges, superposition principle, and continuous charge distribution.
- Electric field, electric field due to a point charge, electric field lines, electric dipole, electric field due to a dipole, torque on a dipole in a uniform electric field.
- Electric flux is a statement of Gauss’s theorem and its applications to finding field due to an infinitely long straight wire, uniformly charged infinite plane sheet, and uniformly charged thin spherical shell (field inside and outside).
- Electric potential, potential difference, electric potential due to a point charge, a dipole and system of charges; equipotential surfaces, the electrical potential energy of a system of two point charges, and electric dipole in an electrostatic field.
- Conductors and insulators, free charges, and bound charges inside a conductor. Dielectrics and electric polarization, capacitors, and capacitance, a combination of capacitors in series and parallel, capacitance of a parallel plate capacitor with and without dielectric medium between the plates, energy stored in a capacitor.
- Van de Graaff Generator.
Unit 2: Current Electricity
- Ohm’s law, electrical resistance, V-I characteristics (linear and nonlinear), electrical energy and power, electrical resistivity, and conductivity. Carbon resistors, color code for carbon resistors; series and parallel combinations of resistors; temperature dependence of resistance.
- The internal resistance of a cell, potential difference, and emf of a cell, combination of cells in series and parallel. Kirchhoff’s laws and simple applications. Wheatstone bridge, meter bridge.
- Potentiometer – principle and its applications to measure potential difference and compare emf of two cells; measurement of internal resistance of a cell.
Unit 3: Magnetic effect of current and Magnetism
- Concept of the magnetic field, Oersted’s experiment.
- Biot – Savart law and its application to current carrying circular loop.
- Ampere’s law and its applications to an infinitely long straight wire. Straight and toroidal solenoid.
- Force on a moving charge in a uniform magnetic and electric fields, Cyclotron.
- Force on a current-carrying conductor in a uniform magnetic field. The force between two parallel current-carrying conductors-definition of ampere. Torque experienced by a current loop in a uniform magnetic field; moving coil galvanometer-its current sensitivity and conversion to ammeter and voltmeter.
- Current loop as a magnetic dipole and its magnetic dipole moment. The magnetic dipole moment of a revolving electron. Magnetic field intensity is due to a magnetic dipole along its axis and perpendicular to its axis. Torque on a magnetic dipole in a uniform magnetic field; bar magnet as an equivalent solenoid, magnetic field lines; Earth’s magnetic field and magnetic elements.
- Para-, dia- and ferromagnetic substances, with examples. Electromagnets and factors affecting their strengths. Permanent magnets.
Unit 4: Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Current
- Electromagnetic induction; Faraday’s law, induced emf and current; Lenz’s Law, Eddy currents.
- Self and mutual induction, Need for replacement current.
- Alternating currents, peak and RMS value of alternating current/voltage; reactance and impedance; LC oscillations , LCR series circuit, resonance; power in AC circuits, wattles current.
- AC generator and transformer.
Unit 5: Electromotive Waves
- Electromagnetic waves, their characteristics, their transverse nature
- Electromagnetic spectrum (radio waves, microwaves, infrared, visible, ultraviolet, X-rays, gamma rays) includes elementary facts about their uses.
Unit 6: Optics
- Reflection of light, spherical mirrors, mirror formula. Refraction of light, total internal reflection and its applications, optical fibers, refraction at spherical surfaces, thin lens formula, and lensmaker’s formula. Magnification, power of a lens, combination of thin lenses in contact.
- Refraction and dispersion of light through a prism.
- Scattering of the light-blue color of the sky and reddish appearance of the sun at sunrise and sunset.
- Optical instruments: Human eye, image formation, accommodation, correction of eye defects (myopia, hypermetropia, presbyopia, and astigmatism) using lenses. Microscopes and astronomical telescopes (reflecting and refracting) and their magnifying powers.
- Wave optics: Wavefront and Huygens principle, reflection and refraction of plane waves at a plane surface using wave fronts. Proof of laws of reflection and refraction using the Huygens principle. Interference Young’s double-slit experiment and expression for fringe width, coherent sources, and sustained interference of light. Diffraction due to a single slit, width of central maximum. Resolving the power of microscopes and astronomical telescopes. Polarisation, polarised plane light Brewster’s law, uses plane polarised light and Polaroids.
Unit 7: Dual Nature of Matter
- Photoelectric effect, Hertz and Lenard’s observations; Einstein’s photoelectric equation-particle nature of light.
- Matter waves-wave nature of particles, de Broglie relation.
- Davisson-Germer experiment
Unit 8: Atoms and Nuclei
- Alpha-particle scattering experiment; Rutherford’s model of atom; Bohr model, energy levels, hydrogen spectrum.
- Composition and size of nucleus, atomic masses, isotopes, isobars, isotones. Radioactivity Alpha, beta, and gamma particles/rays and their properties; radioactive decay law.
- Mass-energy relation, mass defect; binding energy per nucleon and its variation with mass number; nuclear fission, nuclear fusion.
Unit 9: Electronic Devices
- Semiconductor diode: I-V characteristics in forward and reverse bias, diode as a rectifier.
- I-V characteristics of the transistor, transistor as an amplifier (standard emitter configuration), basic idea of analog and digital signals, Logic gates (OR, AND, NOT, NAND and NOR), transistor as a switch.
Unit 10: Communication Systems
- Elements of a communication system (block diagram only); bandwidth of signals (speech, TV, and digital data); bandwidth of transmission medium.
- Propagation of electromagnetic waves in the atmosphere, sky, space wave propagation, and satellite communication.
- Need for modulation, amplitude modulation.
- Production and detection of an amplitude-modulated wave.
Get Reduced Latest Bihar board Class 12 Physics Syllabus PDF
Students can check chapter-wise mark distribution before preparing for the Bihar Board Class 12 Physics Syllabus 2021-2022 mentioned below:
|Unit 1: Electrostatics||08|
|Unit 2: Current Electricity||07|
|Unit 3: Magnetic effect of current and Magnetism||08|
|Unit 4: Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Current||08|
|Unit 5: Electromotive Waves||03|
|Unit 6: Optics||14|
|Unit 7: Dual Nature of Matter||04|
|Unit 8: Atoms and Nuclei||06|
|Unit 9: Electronic Devices||07|
|Unit 10: Communication Systems||07|
- Class 10 Science Notes-Biology
- Class 10 Science Notes-Chemistry
- Class 10 Science Notes-Physics
- Class 10 Maths Notes
- Online Test For Class 10 Maths
- Online Test Class 10 Biology
- Online Quiz Class-10 Chemistry
- Class 12 Notes Maths
- Class 12 Notes Physics
- Class 12 Notes Chemistry
- Class 12 Notes Zoology
- Class 12 Notes Botany
- Online Test Class 12
- Ask your Doubt
- Sample Papers