GSEB - Gujarat Secondary Education Board
About GSEB - Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Board
Roles and Responsibility of GSEB
GSEB is responsibility of ensuring that the children of their state receive a viable and aggregate level of education is entrusted to the state government. Gujarat state government has put up the Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Board known in short as the GSEB. The Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Board or GSEB formed on the basis of ‘The Gujarat Secondary Education Act 1972(ગુજરાત માધ્યમિક શિક્ષણ અધિનિયમ 1972)‘ also known as the Gujarat Act No. 18 of 1973 extends to the whole state of Gujarat and was established to regulate the secondary education in the state of Gujarat and to establish a board for that purpose.
Function of Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Board
The Gujarat Secondary Education Board (ગુજરાત માધ્યમિક શિક્ષણ બોર્ડ) or GSEB is in charge of determining the policy-related, the administrative, cognitive, and intellectual direction of the state’s secondary and higher secondary educational system. The roles undertaken by the Gujarat Secondary Education Board are many.
From the administrative responsibilities of managing the schools under the Gujarat secondary education board to things like providing the right path for intellectual and cognitive growth for the students are the GSEB’s responsibility.
About Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Board
- GSEB -Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Board
- Govern by-Governmental Board of Education
- Adress of GSEB-Near Old Sachivalaya, Sector 10B, Sector 10, Gandhinagar, Gujarat 382910
- Official Language Gujarati
- Phone 079 2322 0538
Highlights of GSEB and Its Roles
- The Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Board have been conducting the state level exam in the state of Gujarat for years.
- The main task of the Gujarat secondary board is to devise a well-oriented syllabus for the secondary level schools and to find the right textbooks which cover the complete syllabus with proper explanations for all the State and private schools coming under its administration.
- The GSEB is also in charge of duties like evaluating the performance of already registered schools, inspections of the schools under the Gujarat education board and affiliating new schools to the GSEB board.