UPSC CDS 2023: Salary, Job Profile, And Career Growth
The Union Public Service Commission releases details of the UPSC CDS Salary 2023 in the official notification PDF. As per the CDS Salary Structure, the selected candidates will join as Lieutenant on the pay scale of Rs 56,100 -1,77,500 per month after training. Also, the CDS In-Hand Salary depends on the rank of the candidates. As the rank increases, there is an increase in the pay scale, pay level, and overall salary structure. Apart from UPSC CDS 2023 salary, every selected candidate will be entitled to numerous allowances.
Before moving ahead, let's discuss UPSC CDS in brief. ,The UPSC conducts Combined Defence Services Examination (CDS) for admission to the courses (IMA/INA/AFA/OTA). With this, there are two stages in the CDS selection process i.e written examination and SSB interview round. Along with the salary, the candidates must know about the UPSC Job Profile in advance. With this, they will be able to understand the tasks to be performed after joining.
Hence, we have shared the UPSC CDS Salary Structure 2023 details including pay scale, job profile, and career growth in this article.
|Table of Content|
CDS Salary 2023 Overview
Check out the table shared below to know about the UPSC CDS 2023 Exam in a better manner.
|Conducting Body||Union Public Service Commission|
|Exam Name||Combined Defence Services Examination (CDS)|
|Frequency||Twice a year|
|CDS Salary||Rs 56,100 - Rs 1,77,500|
|CDS Salary Calculation||Basic Pay plus Grade Pay plus Allowances & Benefits|
|Selection Stages||Written examination and SSB interview|
UPSC CDS Salary Structure 2023
Firstly, the candidates who ace the CDS selection process will only be declared qualified for the post of officer in Indian Army, Navy, and Air Force. Refer to the table shared below to know the rank-wise salary structure of CDS Officers.
|Rank||UPSC CDS Salary (In Rupees)||Level|
|Lieutenant||56,100 -1,77,500||Level 10|
|Captain||61,300- 1,93,900||Level 10 B|
|Major||69,400 – 2,07,200||Level 11|
|Lieutenant Colonel||1,21,200 – 2,12,400||Level 12A|
|Major General||1,44,200-2,18,200||Level 14|
|Lieutenant General HAG Scale||1, 82, 200-2,24,100||Level 15|
|HAG+Scale||2,05,400 – 2,24,400||Level 16|
|VCOAS/Army Cdr/ Lieutenant General (NFSG)||2,25,000/-(fixed)||Level 17|
- The Military Service Pay(MSP) to the officers from the Lieutenant to Brigadier rank will get the fixed stipend of Rs 15.500 p.m.
- The stipend to Gentlemen or Women Cadets during the complete training in Service academies will be Rs 56,100/-p.m. (Level 10).
UPSC CDS 2023 Perks & Allowances
Along with the basic salary, all the selected candidates will receive various UPSC CDS allowances and benefits. Check out the list of perks and allowances shared below.
- Flying Allowance
The Army Aviators (Pilots) serving in the Army Aviation Corps will receive flying allowances as under:
|Lieutenant and above||Level 10 and above||Rs 25,000/- p.m. fixed||(R1H1 of Risk and Hardship Matrix)|
- Other Allowances
- Dearness Allowance will be applicable at the same rates and under the same criteria as are prescribed to the civilian personnel from time to time
- Kit Maintenance allce: Provided to the newly proposed Dress Allowance i.e Rs 20,000/-per year
Based on the rank and area of posting, an officer posted to Field Areas will receive the following Field Area allces:
|Rank||Level||HAFA||Fd Area Allce||Mod Fd Area Allce|
|Lieutenant and above||Level 10 and above||16900 R1H2||10500 R2H2||6300 60% R2H2|
- High Altitude Allowance
|Rank||Level||CAT-I (PM)||CAT-II (PM)||CAT-III (PM)|
|Lieutenant and above||Level 10 and above||3,400 (R3H2)||5,300 (R3H1)||25,000 (R1H1)|
- Siachen Allowance: The Siachen Allowance will be Rs. 42,500/- per month.
- Uniform Allowance: Provided to the newly proposed Dress Allowance i.e. Rs. 20,000/- per year.
- Free Rations
- Transport Allce (TPTA)
|Pay Level||Higher TPTA Cities (Rs. Per month)||Other Places (Rs. Per month)|
|9 and above||Rs. 7200+DA thereon||Rs. 3600+DA thereon|
- Children's Education Allowance (Rs. 2250/- pm per child for two eldest surviving only).
- Other Allowances
UPSC CDS Job Profile & Career Growth 2023
To begin with, the UPSC CDS Job Profile is different for different posts. The cadets who will complete their training period successfully will get the rank of Lieutenant. After that, they can participate in promotions based on their number of service years, seniority, and work performance. Check out the UPSC CDS Career Growth & Promotion Criteria shared below:
|Rank||Year of Service|
|Lieutenant||On completion of training|
|Captain||2 years of service|
|Major||6 years of service|
|Lieutenant Colonel||13 years of service|
|Colonel (TS)||26 years of service|
|Colonel||15 years of service|
|Brigadier||23 years of service|
|Major General||25 years of service|
|Lieutenant General||28 years of service|
Hopefully, this article on UPSC CDS Salary 2023 was informative for our readers. All the candidates should check the CDS Job Profile and Salary to understand the payment criteria and responsibilities. For more such informative articles, blogs, quizzes, and study material download the Physics Wallah app from the play store and subscribe to our youtube channel.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. What is the starting salary of CDS?
Ans. The initial salary of CDS is Rs 56,100 per month.
Q2. Which rank is given after CDS?
Ans. The cadets will receive the rank of Lieutenant after completing the UPSC CDS Training period.
Q3. What is the selection process for UPSC CDS 2023?
Ans. The UPSC CDS Selection process comprises two stages i.e written exam and the SSB Interview round.
- CDS 1 2023 Exam Paper Analysis and Cut-Off Marks (Expected)
- Best NDA Coaching in India with skilled Faculty
- 1 Month NDA Study Plan 2023 with Preparation Strategy
- SSB Interview Joining Instructions for All SSB Aspirants
- 10 Mistakes That You Should Avoid While Studying For CDS Exam
- Can I Crack REET 2023 with Self-Study
- Maximizing Your Chances of Success in the NDA Selection Process
- 7 Do's and Dont's for SSB Interview: Must Read
- NDA 1 2023: Notification, Exam Dates, Registration, Syllabus
- AFCAT Exam 2023: Complete Examination & Curriculum Guide For Aspirants