NEET 2023: Eligibility, Syllabus and Preparation Guide
The National Testing Agency (NTA) administers the National Eligibility and Entrance Test (NEET 2023) for medical, dental, AYUSH, and nursing programs in India. The NEET 2023 is a pen-and-paper exam administered in 13 languages that cover Physics, Chemistry, and Biology from the class 11 and 12 curricula.
According to the most recent NEET seat data from the National Medical Commission (NMC) and the Dental Council of India (DCI), there are 91,927 MBBS seats, 26,949 BDS seats, 52,720 AYUSH seats, and 603 BVSc & AH seats available, as well as 1,899 AIIMS and 249 JIPMER seats in 612 medical and 315 dental colleges.
More information about the NEET 2023 notification, eligibility, exam pattern, syllabus, and other important details can be found in the article below.
|Table of Content|
Scope of NEET 2023
The NEET exam results will be used to provide admission to various medical seats and medical universities. Admissions will be given to -
- 15% Across India Seat quotas.
- Medical seats with a state quota of 85%.
- Various Central and deemed universities.
- Seats in private colleges with state, management, and NRI quotas.
- Seats in the central pool quota.
- Seats in private unaided, minority-aided, and non-minority medical schools.
In the last two years, the NEET exam pattern and structure have undergone several changes. Let's go over the highlights of the exam pattern.
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Duration of Exam||200 minutes|
|Type of questions||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)|
|Total number of Questions||200 (180 relevant questions to attempt )|
+4 for each correct answer
-1 for each incorrect answer
|Total sections in the question paper||
3 (Two sections for each subject)
Section A - 35 questions
Section B- 15 questions (10 is mandatory )
|Subjects||Physics Chemistry & Biology (Botany + Zoology)|
|NTA NEET official website||
|NEET 2023 result can be downloaded||Up to 90 days from the date of NEET result 2023|
|Validity of result||
For the academic session 2023-24
For candidates wishing to pursue medicine abroad, the NEET result will be valid for three years
|Admission through NEET 2023 result||
|Courses offered through NEET||MBBS, BDS, BUMS, BAMS, BHMS, BSMS, BNYS, B.V.Sc and AH courses|
A thorough understanding of the NEET 2023 schedule will keep candidates informed of important events such as the NEET application form, correction window, admit card, and exam date. Important dates can be found in the table below for NEET exam dates in 2023.
|Application form available||1st week of December 2022|
|Final date to submit the Application form||Last week of December 2022|
|The Fee submit on the last date||January 2023|
|Application form correction||3rdweek of January 2023|
|NEET (UG) Admit Card||4thweek of March 2023|
|NEET 2023 Exam Date||1stweek of May 2023|
|Result Declaration||1stweek of June 2023|
|Beginning of the counseling||2ndweek of June 2023|
NEET Eligibility: The applicant must meet the qualification requirements of the authority.
- To take the NEET test, the candidate must have completed 10+2 or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology, and English as core courses from a recognized board.
- To take the NEET exam, the candidate must have completed 10+2 or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology, and English as core subjects from a recognized board. Mathematics scores will not be considered.
- The overall score is -: General Category (UR) - 50 %, OBC/SC/ST - 45 %, PWD - 40 %
- The minimum age requirement for students in all categories is 17 years old as of December 31st of the year of admission.
- The decision on the upper age limit is currently under consideration. As a result, people over the age of 25 can now apply for NEET 2023 until further notice.
- Certain communities are eligible for caste-based NEET mark relaxation. Candidates from the OBC/SC/ST categories only need a 40% in their 12th board exam to be eligible to take the NEET.
- To encourage and bring specially-abled people to the front lines, the NEET 2023 examination administration has prepared certain mark relaxation and age restriction regulations.
The NEET syllabus for 2023 will be based on a 12-course curriculum that includes three subjects: physics, chemistry, and biology. It is critical to understand the NEET 2023 syllabus before beginning the preparation. Check out the table below to get a general idea of the NEET syllabus -
|Physical-world and measurement||Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism|
|Laws of Motion||Current Electricity|
|Work, Energy, and Power||Electromagnetic Induction & Alternating Current|
|The motion of the Particle System and Rigid Body||Atoms & Nuclei|
|Properties of Bulk Matter||Optics|
|Oscillations & Waves||Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation|
|Behaviors of Perfect Gas & Kinetic Theory|
|Chemistry||Structure of Atom||Solutions|
|Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry||Solid State|
|Gases and Molecular Structure as Matter States||Electrochemistry|
|Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties||Surface Chemistry|
|Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure||Elements Isolation Process and General Principles|
|S-block elements (Alkali and Alkaline Earth Metals)||Polymers|
|Some p-block elements||Alcohols, Phenols, and Ethers|
|Hydrocarbons||d and f block elements|
|Environmental Chemistry||Chemistry in everyday life|
|Organic Chemistry, Basic Principles, and Techniques||Organic Compounds containing Nitrogen|
|Aldehydes, Ketones & Carboxylic Acids|
|Haloalkanes & Haloarenes|
|Biology||Diversity in Living World||Reproduction|
|Cell structure & function||Biology & Human Welfare|
|Human Physiology||Genetics & Evolution|
|Plant Physiology||Biotechnology and its Application|
|Structural Organization in Plants and Animals||Ecology & Environment|
Competing against around 15 lakh candidates necessitates hard work, dedication, and expert guidance. Refer to the essential NEET 2023 preparation tips below to do things differently than others and pass the exam with flying colors.
- NEET 2023 candidates must take handwritten notes to improve conceptual clarity and retention.
- Divide and weigh the chapters in all subjects into easy, medium, and difficult levels. Begin by preparing the topics that carry the most weight and those that you find difficult.
- Go through the NCERTs line by line, making notes and highlighting facts as you go. Then, using the NEET 2023 extra study material, study the same topics in greater depth.
- Concentrate on Biology diagrams, Physics numerical equations, and Chemistry reactions, and work on remembering them until the exam.
- Don't underestimate the value of solving important questions from previous years' question papers and sample papers, as well as administering as many mock tests as possible.
Also Check: Minimum marks required in NEET for MBBS
The following are the guidelines for NEET UG 2023:
- Candidates must obtain their NEET Admit Card 2023 from the official website and bring at least two copies with them to the exam center.
- Candidates must paste their colored postcard photo in the designated space on their admit card and keep at least two copies for future reference.
- Candidates must ensure that their signatures and those of their parents are in the appropriate places on the NEET admit card.
- Candidates are advised to arrive at the NEET exam site at least one hour before the exam time.
- Candidates must adhere to the NEET dress code for both boys and girls.
Also Check: NEET Rules And Regulations
You can use this comprehensive article on the NEET 2023 Syllabus, exam pattern, and eligibility criteria to aid in your preparation. For additional details on the upcoming and ongoing hiring process, you can also stay updated on the PW website or download the PW App. The app contains a tonne of study resources, practice exams, and daily current affairs.
Visit PW website or app for more guidance and better preparation, and take advantage of its free NEET 2023 study resources.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. What should my date of birth appear in NEET 2023?
Ans. Candidates must be at least 17 years old as of December 31, 2023, according to the NEET eligibility criteria. As a result, their birthdate should be at least January 1, 2006.
Q2. Can I clear NEET 2023 without coaching?
Ans. It is not impossible to pass the exam without coaching; however, it is undoubtedly difficult. Expert guidance and carefully curated study material will not only help you clear NEET 2023, but you may also be among the top scorers. So, for the best of both worlds, go with a reputable coaching company like PW.
Q3. How to Finish the NEET Syllabus in One Month?
Ans. There are two types of students:
- First, those who have already covered their syllabus but want to revise the entire NEET syllabus in one month.
- Second, those who are in the middle of the preparation process and have completed only a few subjects. For such students, the advice is to be determined and focused on covering the syllabus in one month.
- Stress and fear can harm performance, so avoid them by staying focused on the topics for the day and completing them at all costs. Also, set aside some time to go over anything you have previously studied.
Q4. How many questions are on the NEET?
Ans. The NEET exam has 180 objective-type questions.
- Best NCERT Books For NEET Preparation
- 10 Best Medical Colleges In India
- NEET Rules And Regulations: Exam Day Guidelines By NTA
- What Are The Minimum Marks Required In NEET For MBBS?
- NEET MDS 2023 Exam: A Complete Overview
- What Are The Different Types Of Doctors?
- How Many Attempts For NEET Are There?
- National Exit Test 2024: A Complete Guide You Need To Know
- How To Become A Dermatologist In India?
- What will be the AIIMS cut-off for 2023? Previous Years Cut-off list