Top Medical Colleges in India Through NEET Counselling
Jun 01, 2023, 16:45 IST
National Testing Agency (NTA) conducts the NEET, a national-level admission examination for India. Aspirants take this exam for admission to various Medical Colleges in India
- About 125 dentistry institutes and 355 medical colleges in India accept NEET results for admission.
- In all, the allotment of 15% of the entire medical seats is for qualified candidates under the All India Quota in Medical Colleges in India.
- The remaining allotment is for 85% of State Quota seats through state-level NEET counselling in Medical Colleges in India.
The best NEET Participating Colleges that accept NEET 2023 scores may be found in these Medical Colleges in India. The Medical NEET Counselling Committee's standards would be followed for admissions in all Indian states.
However, these standards will not apply to the states of J&K and Ladakh. The country's single and most popular medical entrance exam, NEET, is now the only test available to those wishing to pursue a career in medicine.
Top Medical Colleges in India Accepting NEET Scores
Some important NEET Medical Colleges in India that accept NEET UG scores are usually listed below. Ranks from the National Institutional Ranking Framework have also been added. Due to its affordable tuition, AIIMS New Delhi has always been the ideal institution for candidates. The following list includes more Medical Colleges in India that offer NEET counselling. Let's examine each one individually.
All of India New Delhi's Institute of Medical Sciences
In 1956, the Indian government built AIIMS, New Delhi, thanks to a parliamentary act.
- One of the top organizations for medical research is AIIMS. with faculty and research publications totaling more than 600 every year.
- Rating: 5
- NIRF Rank:1
- The AIIMS Medical Institute offers spaces for instruction, study, and patient care.
- Both undergraduate and graduate studies in medicine and paramedicine are available.
- The Medical Colleges in India coordinate 42 disciplines for both teaching and research.
Also Check: NEET Rank Predictor
Vellore's Christian Medical Colleges in India
Vellore is where CMC is usually located. Since 1918, the Christian Medical College Vellore Association has supported the organization. In 1950, Madras University was permanently affiliated with the Medical Colleges in India.
- Numerous undergraduate, graduate, and doctorate courses are available at the college.
- The aforementioned courses concentrate on the fields of nursing, medicine, and surgery.
Given that CMC used to hold its exam before NEET, there is surely uncertainty regarding admission to this institute through NEET Counseling.
- 5 out of 10 NIRF Rank: 3
- Notably, candidates supported by churches are usually guaranteed more than 80% of the seats.
Also Check: NEET Result 2023
Pune-based Armed Forces Medical Colleges in India
India's top Medical Colleges in India are generally called AFMC.
- Students studying medicine and nursing at the undergraduate and graduate levels receive instruction there.
- Additionally, these students have guaranteed career possibilities in India's defense services.
- At the UG level, Medical Colleges in India MBBS and B.Sc. (Nursing). At the PG level, there are many specializations of MD and MS courses.
First, the NEET AFMC used all India Ranks to shortlist candidates. After doing an English test, psychological test, interview, and physical examination, AFMC chooses candidates.
- Score: 5
- Unranked NIRF Rank
Delhi's Maulana Azad Medical Colleges in India
On October 24, 1959, the MAMC, a government medical institution in Delhi, was generally founded. The institution is usually situated on Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg and is usually connected to the University of Delhi.
- The Medical Colleges in India offer Super Specialty (DM and M.Ch) and Undergraduate, Graduate, and Postgraduate courses.
- Lok Nayak Hospital, GB Pant Hospital, Guru Nanak Eye Centre, and Maulana Azad Institute of Dental Sciences are all located on the site. All courses would only be admitted based on All India Rank in NEET UG and NEET PG.
- The Medical Colleges in India have regularly held the third spot among all medical schools in the nation.
- Score: 4.9
- 14 in the NIRF
Also Check: NEET Online Coaching
Lucknow's King George's Medical University
One of the prestigious medical college in North India is King's George Medical University, which is generally situated in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh. Formerly called Chhatrapati Shahuji Maharaj Medical Colleges in India , the university was generally founded in 1911.
- This university accepts 1250 undergraduate students (including dental students) and 450 graduate students each year.
- The MBBS program lasts for four and a half years.
- A minimum of 50% in Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English is necessary for admission to the Institute.
- Score: 4.8
- NIRF Rank: 10
Kasturba Medical College in India, Manipal
KMC, Manipal was usually established in 1953 and is the first self-financing Medical Colleges in India in the private sector. The college presently not only attracts people from all parts of the country but also from foreign countries. The college has been consistently ranked among the top ten institutes in the country.
- Among the south zone Medical Colleges in India, KMC has managed to secure 2nd rank.
- Rating: 4.9
- NIRF Rank – 7
- Students from over 30 countries graduate every year from the institute and the degree is usually recognized worldwide.
- Presently, apart from MBBS courses, it also offers postgraduate medical courses and super specialty courses (MS/ MD/ DM/ M.Ch/ M.Sc).
Puducherry's Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research
Recently, JIPMER was usually elevated to the status of a nationally significant institution and was generally placed under the purview of the Indian Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
- JIPMER's campus encompasses 192 acres. JIPMER offers 12 different types of medical, nursing, and allied health science courses with thorough instruction in all key fields.
- The institute offers a free healthcare system that is of the highest caliber and safety.
- JIPMER also intends to expand its educational offerings by building other campuses across the nation.
- 9 out of 10
- NIRF rank: 8
The BHU Institute of Medical Sciences
Three institutions are available for a variety of courses through the Institute of Medical Colleges in India (IMS-BHU):
- The Institute of Medicine provides courses leading to medical diplomas in MBBS, B.Sc. (Nursing), MD, MS, M.Ch, DM, and Ph.D.
- Dental Sciences: This department provides BDS and MDS courses.
- Ayurveda: It provides BAMS, B.Pharm, MD, MS, and Ph.D. degrees with an Ayurvedic focus.
- IMS-BHU currently houses 33 contemporary medicine departments, including ten super specialty units, four dental departments, eleven Ayurvedic departments, and a nursing school.
- Score: 4.9
- NIRF Rank: 6
Mumbai's Grant Medical Colleges in India
One of the most well-known Medical Colleges in India is the Grants Government Medical College in Mumbai, which is usually connected to Maharashtra University of Health Sciences in Nasik.
The institute started its first batch in 1845 and has maintained a top-10 ranking in the nation with constant performance. One of the first institutions in Asia to teach Western medicine. The Sir Jamsetjee Jeejebhoy Group of Hospitals is its clinical affiliation.
- 8 ratings,
- unranked by NIRF
Mumbai's Seth G.S. Medical Colleges in India
One of Maharashtra's first Medical Colleges in India, Seth Gordhandas Sunderdas Medical College is usually situated in Parel in the heart of Mumbai. The Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nasik, is generally connected to the institute.
- It offers a variety of courses, including MBBS, BPT, BOT, MD, MS, MSC, DM, MCh, and Ph.D.
- Additionally, it provides training for undergraduate and graduate students to more than 2000 students annually.
- Score: 4
- Unranked NIRF Rank
Minimum Score Required for Admission in Top NEET Participating Medical Colleges in India
Due to the high demand for seats, admission to Medical Colleges in India is extremely hard. In comparison to many private medical colleges, these NEET Participating Medical Colleges in India provide MBBS and BDS programs at very affordable tuition rates. Below is a list of the main colleges' initial and final rankings.
|Medical Colleges in India||City||Number of Seats||Closing Rank|
|All India Institute of Medical Sciences||New Delhi||107||53|
|Christian Medical College||Vellore||100||360 (approx)|
|Armed Forces Medical College||Pune||150||250 – 300 (approx)|
|Maulana Azad Medical College||New Delhi||250||32|
|King George Medical College||Lucknow||NA||506|
|Kasturba Medical College||Manipal||150||157|
|Institute of Medical Sciences, BHU||Varanasi||113||13000|
|Grant Medical College & Sir J. J. Hospital||Mumbai||200||382|
|Seth G.S Medical College||Mumbai||180||638|
|St. John’s Medical College||Bengaluru||135||15,381|
|Madras Medical College||Chennai||250||501|
Medical Colleges in India - FAQs
Q1. Can I get an MBBS at a Government Medical Colleges in India that accepts NEET with 500 marks?
Ans. Yes, it is the answer. Aspirants can gain admission to prestigious institutions and create a great future for themselves with marks between 500 and 600.
Q2. Can I get into AIIMS with 650 points?
Ans. If you get the grades you anticipate, your prospects of being accepted into AIIMS Jammu's MBBS program are very good. According to All India Quota counseling data from the prior year, the last general category applicant to be offered a spot in the MBBS program at AIIMS JAMMU had an AIR of about 6,156 and a score of 639. I sincerely hope the response is useful.
Q3. Can I get an MBBS at a Government Medical colleges in India after the NEET with 450 marks?
Ans. Candidates who received 400 to 500 points on the NEET UG scale fall within the 85,025–1,93,032 rank range. Students with this rank or score will be admitted to any Medical Colleges in India with a cutoff within this range. However, you could not be admitted to the best institutions with this score.
Q4. What is the monthly government wage for a veterinarian in India?
Ans. For experience ranging from 4 to 16 years, the average Government of India Veterinary Doctor pay in India is 17.2 Lakhs. The Government of India pays veterinary doctors a salary that ranges from 4.2 to 36.0 lakhs.
- Best NEET Coaching: Importance of NEET Crash Course and Success Tips
- Best NEET Coaching: 12 Tips to Prepare For Boards and NEET Exams Simultaneously
- PW Vidyapeeth Centres: Best NEET Coaching Batches Offered and Classroom Features
- Effective Study Tips For NEET Preparation Guarantee Selection in NEET 2024
- Best NEET Coaching: Why PW Course is Enough for NEET Preparation?
- Which are the Most Important Chapters to Cover for NEET Entrance Exam with NEET Coaching?
- PW Yakeen NEET Hindi 2.0 Batch For 2024 - Get Overview
- PW Yakeen NEET 4.0 Batch For 2024 - Complete Overview
- Important Chapters from All Subject Cover for NEET 2024 Entrance Exam
- Is NEET Coaching Helpful to Prepare for the NEET Exam?