Complete List of Group D Posts in Indian Railways
Every year, the RRB Recruitment Board issues an official notification to interested candidates. The recruitment drive is for the positions of Track Maintainer or Assistant in various Indian Railways departments. The Board previously announced the RRB Group D Recruitment for a total of 1,03,769 vacancies, making this an excellent opportunity for you to obtain a stable and well-paying job with Indian Railways.
Indian Railways is the country's largest recruiter, and it is focusing on expanding the Railways workforce this year! In this article, we will discuss the RRB Group D Salary and Job Profile, as well as career growth and opportunities.
- Salary ranges in RRB Group D vary by post; in general, they range from 3 lakh to 5 lakh per annum.
- Hired Employees will be paid according to the 7th pay commission, as well as receive other perks and benefits.
Candidates can read the entire article written below to get complete and in-depth information about the in-hand salary, allowances, perquisites, and job responsibilities of RRB Group D posts that one will have to perform if selected for the post. RRB Group D Exam will assess individuals' abilities to be fit for various job positions offered by railways in various states. We have provided the RRB Railway Group D Posts List in this article.
|Table of Content|
About RRB Group D Exam
The role of Exam Conducting Agency (ECA) is to administer the Computer Based Test (CBT), announce the results, and interview the candidates.
- Railway jobs are classified into four categories: Group A, Group B, Group C, and Group D. RRB Recruitment has different eligibility criteria and selection processes for each group.
- Group A employees cover high-level positions in Traffic Services, Accounts Services, Personnel Service, and Railway Protection Forces.
- These employees are hired through the UPSC, IAS and IES exams.
- There is no special examination for recruiting Group B officers through Railway Recruitment.
- They are hired through the promotion of Group C candidates. Posts in Group C are both technical and non-technical.
- Technical positions include electrical, civil, mechanical, signals, and telecommunications, among others, while non-technical positions include station masters, ticket collectors, clerks, and accounts assistants, among others. Group D includes lower-level positions.
If candidates are interested in working for the Railway Department, they should take advantage of this opportunity.
- Understand the entire job profile for all RRB Group D positions.
- Fill out the form now to begin your journey to a prosperous career and life.
- The official Railway RRB Group D Post Name List can be found in this post.
- Check out the various factors that influence RRB Group D Post Preference.
- Read our posts on RRB Group D Syllabus to get a head start on your RRB Group D preparation.
- CBT, Physical Efficiency Test (PET), Document Verification, and Medical Examination are all part of the selection process. The CBT will last 90 minutes, according to the RRB Group D exam pattern.
- General Science, Mathematics, General Intelligence and Reasoning, and General Awareness and Current Affairs are among the sections covered. Incorrect answers will result in a 1/3 mark deduction for each incorrect answer.
- PET candidates are chosen in proportion to the number of RRB Group D vacancies. Candidates will be called for document verification 1.05 times the number of vacancies based on their performance in the CBT and subject to their passing the PET.
- After document verification, selected candidates must go through a medical examination. Only those candidates who are medically fit will provide a letter of appointment.
RRB Group D Job Profile
The RRB job profile for various Group D posts varies depending on the railway department's hierarchy level. In addition, after three years of consecutive service, appointed candidates are eligible for departmental examinations.
Candidates who pass the RRB Group D selection process will recruit to one of the Indian Railways' seven departments:
- Signal and Telecommunication
The table below summarizes the job roles and responsibilities in the aforementioned departments -
|RRB Group D Posts & Department||RRB Job Profile for Group D|
|Assistant Workshop – Mechanical||
|Assistant C&W (Carriage and Wagon) Mechanical||
|Assistant Bridge – Engineering||
|Assistant Loco Shed (Diesel) – Mechanical||
|Assistant Depot (Stores)||
|Assistant Loco Shed – Electrical||
|Assistant Pointsman – Traffic||
|Assistant Operations – Electrical||
|Assistant Signal & Telecom – S&T||
|Assistant TL & AC (Train Lights & AC) – Electrical||
|Assistant Track Machine – Engineering||
|Assistant TL & AC (Workshop) – Electrical||
|Assistant Works – Engineering||
|Assistant TRD (Traction Distribution) – Electrical||
|Assistant Works (Workshop) – Engineering||
|Track Maintainer Grade IV||
|Hospital Assistant – Medical||
In this article, we have compiled all of the pertinent information regarding the complete list of Group D Posts in the Indian Railway. We will update this page as soon as the RRB updates the job openings. So, please stay tuned for more important updates.
If you have any questions about the RRB Group D Exam, please leave them in the comments section below. We will certainly respond to your inquiries as soon as possible.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q.1. What is an RRB Group D employee's take-home pay?
Ans. The RRB Group D Employee salary varies depending on the position and is typically between 3-5 lakh per year.
Q.2. What are the benefits in addition to the RRB Group D Salary?
Ans. Aside from salary, there are numerous benefits such as allowances, pensions, and so on.
Q.3. What is the salary range for RRB Group D?
Ans. Salary ranges in RRB Group D vary by post, but generally range from 3 lakh to 5 lakh per annum.
Q.4. What is the RRB Group D probation period?
Ans. RRB Group D's probation period is 2 years.
Q.5. What is the starting salary for RRB Group D?
Ans. According to the 7th Pay Commission, the basic pay for RRB Group D posts is Rs. 18000/-.
Q.6. What is the in-hand salary for RRB Group D?
Ans. RRB Group D in-hand salary is Rs. 22,000-25,000/- per month.
- 10 Tips for RPF SI Exam 2023: Insider's Guide
- Preparing For RRB NTPC CBT 2: Top 10 Tips and Tricks for Success
- Top Test Series & Mock Tests for RRB NTPC 2023
- List of Upcoming RRB Group D exams in 2023
- How to Prepare For GDCE 2023: Complete Strategy
- 10 Do’s And Don’ts For Every Railway Aspirants
- Top 6 Youtube Channels to prepare for NTPC Exam
- A Comprehensive NTPC Test Series Guide
- Preparing for RRB NTPC: Strategies and Tips for Achieving Success
- 5 Opportunities That Come Your Way After Passing A Railway Exam