Top 5 Last Minute Tips to Crack Railway Exams
RRB or Railway Recruitment Board conducts the NTPC exam for non-technical posts. The full form of NTPC is Non-Technical Popular Categories. Through this exam, candidates select for railway exams. Students are always worried about the time of the exam, what to read at the last time of exams, and what strategy to follow to score well in exam. If candidates see this, there are chances to clear the RRB NTPC exam.
|Table of Content|
- Candidates who are appearing for the RRB NTPC Exam must go through the following tips to score well and get shortlisted for the interview round:
- Firstly, candidates must always have a clear understanding of the RRB NTPC Exam Pattern and Syllabus. They should know what topics are covered in each section
- Candidates should solve as many practice questions as possible to get solve all types of questions that are already asked in the RRB NTPC Exam.
- Time management is the toughest task in every student’s life when appearing for any competitive examination. Candidates must make sure they attempt all the questions within the given time.
- Candidates should also focus on their speed and accuracy while solving practice questions. This will help them in solving the actual question paper with ease.
- While attempting the CBT, candidates must select the answer option carefully as there is a negative marking of 0.25 in the RRB NTPC Exam.
- Candidates must keep themselves calm and relaxed while appearing for the examination as it will help them to think clearly and solve the questions correctly.
Students join crash courses which help in memorizing tricks to solve within a given time. To crack the railway exam the Students need to be aware of the paper pattern. Allotting time for each section and completing each section is important. Preparing for all the sections along with the solved papers & sample papers can be the smart way to prepare for the exam.
Current affairs are an essential part of RRB NTPC. You should learn and revise the current affairs of the last 6 months to 2 years, don't think of skipping it. The advantage of revising it in the last few days then you can easily solve the question of current affairs in sight and it will save a lot of time.
Usually, such questions are easy but the candidate cannot recall them at the time of the exam.
Many students make the mistake of not analyzing mock tests properly. If you do not analyze the mock test properly, you can’t find out which section or a particular type of question you need to give more focus on. So make sure to analyze the mock test properly to know your weak points.
While preparing for bank exams, you can challenge yourself by setting daily targets, it will help you to learn time management which is very essential in competitive exams like Banking. After noticing progress in your performance you can increase your practice time. Similarly, you can increase the difficulty level of questions. Doing this will help you to polish your skill of solving questions with accuracy and speed
- Increase Speed and Accuracy in Railway Exams:
To succeed in an exam, speed and accuracy are very important. It is not enough to learn and attempt the exam unless you have good speed and accuracy when answering all the questions.
You can improve your speed for bank exams by following these tips and tricks:
- Work on your basics:
Whenever you start preparing, the first step should be to clear your basic concepts. Some students generally start with short tricks without clearing the basic concepts. This leads to less accurate answers as they get puzzled while solving the questions.
- Polish your skills in mental math
You won’t have enough time to do calculations on paper while taking a bank exam. Therefore, train your brain to do calculations without using a pen and paper. Take random numbers and do basic calculations in your mind if you would like to improve your mental math skills. It will help you decrease calculation times and solve problems faster. It can also reduce negative marks in bank exams.
- Get yourself prepared as per sectional timing
Every bank exam consists of three phases, namely, preliminary exams, main exams, and personal interviews. There are three or four sections in the prelims and main phases of the exam, each with a fixed time limit. In order to prepare for the exam, candidates should practice questions daily according to the time they will be given. This practice technique will help them to polish their skill to answer quickly and accurately.
- Know how much time you should spend on each question:
Based on how long the exam is and how many points there are in total, you’ll know roughly how much time to spend on each question. Time is a huge constraint in the Bank exam, so while solving the questions, make sure you do not spend too much time on a single question.
- Follow proper short tricks
The bank prelims exam consists of three sections: quantitative aptitude, English language, and logical reasoning. The Candidate needs to learn simple tricks in order to solve the questions in the quantitative aptitude section. By using the internet, you can learn various shortcuts and tricks that may be useful for solving questions on reasoning and Questions-Answers. The internet is one of the best sources for this.
- Know which questions you can skip
It is important to remember that, in the actual exam, each question has a fixed weightage. Therefore, you shouldn’t spend more time on a question than is necessary. If a question seems difficult or confusing, skip it. This is the most important piece of advice! If you can finish all the questions, you can come back to them later.
- Mocks are the Golden keys to Speed and Accuracy
You can increase your speed like never before by practicing the Mock Tests regularly. Good scores in the Mock Tests are a guarantee of success in the real Bank Exam. By attempting mock tests, you will not only increase your speed but also your accuracy.
RRB NTPC is a very easy exam. If you follow the above-mentioned tips and study with focus then you will be able to clear this exam easily. It has almost the same syllabus as class 10th, just improve it a little more and your selection is sure. a large number of candidates appear for the exam every year, the competition remains high
With proper guidance, the best study material, and hard work it is easier to crack the exam. Also, candidates must have clear goals and firm determination to achieve that.
Q.1. What is the Pattern of the RRB NTPC exam?
Ans. RRB NTPC exam pattern highlights details such as marking scheme, total marks, sections, duration of the test, section-wise weightage, etc. RRB NTPC exam pattern will help candidates to know the overall structure of the exam.
Q.2. What is the typing speed for NTPC?
Ans. 300 words at the minimum speed of 30 w.p.m. in English or 250 words at 25 w.p.m. in Hindi on a computer within 10 minutes to qualify for the test.
Q.3. Which exam is best for the railway?
Ans.Top Railways Exams
- RRB JE Exam, RRB NTPC Exam, and RRB ALP.
- RRB Group D RPF Constable Exam RPF SI Exam.
- RITES Recruitment RRB Paramedical Recruitment.
- Exams Conducted for Jobs in Railways.
- Railway Recruitment Board Junior Engineer (RRB JE
Q.4. Is the railway exam hard?
Ans. Every year, thousands and lakhs of students from all over India appear for the RRB exam with the aim of getting a secure and stable job in the railways. However, the RRB exam is one of the toughest exams to crack. Despite all the competitive exam preparation, many candidates experience failure on the initial attempt.