Bank Holidays In August 2022
In the 8th month of the Gregorian Calendar, August has all the holidays. There are many bank holidays for the private and the public sector banks in the month of August.
Below is the list of all the Bank Holidays in the month of August 2022. So, decide your outing plans accordingly. It’ll be beneficial for you as you’ll know when the bank is closed in the country and you’ll be alert beforehand.
List of all the holidays in August 2022
|S. No.||Holiday||Date||Day||Bank Holiday in States|
|1||Tendong Lho Rum Faat||08 August 2022||Monday||Sikkim|
|2||Muharram||09 August 2022||Tuesday||Across several states|
|3||Raksha Bandhan||12 August 2022||Friday||Across several states|
|4||Jhulan Purnima||12 August 2022||Friday||Orissa, U.P., and West Bengal|
|5||Patriot’s Day||13 August 2022||Saturday||Manipur|
|6||Independence Day||15 August 2022||Monday||Across several states|
|7||De Jure Transfer Day||16 August 2022||Tuesday||Pondicherry|
|8||Parsi New Year||16 August 2022||Tuesday||Across several states|
|9||Janmashtami||19 August 2022||Friday||Across several states|
|10||Parkash Utsav Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji||28 August 2022||Sunday||Punjab|
|11||Ganesh Chaturthi||31 August 2022||Wednesday||Across several states|
The list mentioned above is the list with all the holidays of august 2022 other than 2nd and the 4th Saturday of the month
- Tendong Lho Rum Faat- It is one of the most ancient and significant festivals in India celebrated by the Lepchas of Sikkim. The occasion is celebrated due to a deluge that lasted 40 days and 40 nights. The prime venue of this festival is Namchi, the home to this sacred hill in the south of Sikkim.
- Jhulan Purnima- According to the Hindu Calendar, Jhulan Purnima is celebrated in the month of Shravana by the followers of Lord Krishna. It is one of the most important festivals for Vaishnavas after the celebration of Holi and before Janmashtmi. It is generally celebrated in the temples of Odisha, Uttar Pradesh and West Bengal.
- Patriot’s Day- It is commemorating those who lost their lives in the Anglo-Manipur War of 1891. It is also one of the religion Bank holidays of August.
- De Jure Transfer Day- It is a regional holiday in India due to the merger between Puducherry and with Indian Union Nations in 1962. As this day follows Independence Day so there’s two day holiday in the union territory.
- Parkash Utsav Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji- Parkash Utsav Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji is an Indian regional holiday held in the Punjab Province. It occurs on the 15th (new moon) of Badon, the sixth month of the Punjabi calendar, which falls in August or September on the western calendar.
This day commemorates the first Parkash (opening ceremony) of Guru Granth Sahib at the newly built Gold Temple in Amritsar, India, in 1604.
Also check: List of all the important days and dates