/* MARKETING SCRIPT */ ?>
- Arid Soils
Soil of Class 7
Features of Arid Soils
- They range from red to brown in colours.
- They are generally sandy in texture and saline in nature.
- In some area salt content is so high that common salt is obtained by evaporating the water.
- Due to dry climate, high temperature evaporation is faster and the soil lacks humus & moisture.
- In lower regions soil has Kankar in it because of the increasing calcium content.
- It restricts the infiltration of water.
- After proper irrigation these soil become cultivable, as it is done in western Rajasthan.