CBSE Worksheet for Chapter - 2 Metals And Non - Metals Class 8
Worksheets For class 8
Find CBSE Worksheet for chapter-2 Metals And Non - Metalstals class 8
- BOARD: CBSE
- Chemistry Worksheet - 2
- TOPIC: Metals And Non - Metalstals
- For other CBSE Worksheet for class 8 Science check out main page of Physics Wallah.
- Occurence of metals and non-metals, position in the periodic table.
- Physical properties of metals and non-metals.
- Chemical properties of metals and non-metals.
- Reactivity series.
- Uses of common metals and non-metals.
SECTION – 1
SECTION – 2
Now answer the following questions :
. Which of the following is a good conductor of heat ?
. Which of the following non-metals occurs as a solid ?
- All of these
. Which of the following metals has very low melting point and melts even in hand ?
. Tungsten is used in electric bulbs because –
- . it has high melting point
- . it is metallic
- . it has high tensile strength
- . it has high density
. The metal which reacts with water only when it is red hot & steam is passed over it, is .
6.Magnesium oxide is a –
- basic oxide
- acidic oxide
- neutral oxide
- None of these
7. When iron is heated with chlorine gas, the product of the reaction is –
- no reaction
8. Which of the following is an example of amphoteric oxide ?
9. Which metals occur in their native state in nature ?
- . Only noble metals
- . Noble and coinage metals
- . Metals below hydrogen in the electrochemical series
- . Anymetal depending upon its location of occurrence
10. The non-metal which is used for the manufacture of fertilizers is-
- None of these
11. Which metal reacts with dilute hydrochloric acid to produce hydrogen ?
- 12. Name two metals which react with very dilute nitric acid to produce hydrogen gas.
13. A,B and C are three metals which undergo chemical reactions according to the following equations :
- . A2O + 2 B → B2O3 + 2A
- . 3CSO₄ + 2B→ B₂(SO₄)₃ + 3C
- . 3CO + 2A→A₂O₃ + 3C
- . which element is most reactive
- . which element is least reactive
- . arrange these element in the order of increasing reactivity.
- 14. Why are non-metals oxidizing agents ?
- 15. Name the most abundant non-metal and most abundant metal in earth crust.
- 16. Give the formula of non-metallic oxide which is known as laughing gas ?
- 17. Which property of graphite is utilized in making electrodes ?
- 18. Give example of two neutral and two acidic oxides of non-metals ?
19. Give reasons for the following :
- . Electrical wires cannot be made out of phosphorous.
- . A saucepan cannot be made from sulphur.
- Class 8 Physics Notes
- Class 8 Chemistry Notes
- Class 8 Biology Notes
- Class 8 Maths Notes
- Class 8 SST Notes
- Online Quiz Class 8 Physics
- Online Quiz Class 8 Chemistry
- Online Quiz Class 8 Biology
- Online Quiz Class 8 Maths
- Online test Class 8 SST
- MCQ Questions for class 8 Science
- Important Questions Class 8 Maths
- Sample Paper Class 8 Science
- Sample Papers Class 8 Maths
- NCERT solutions class 8
- RS Aggarwal Solutions Class-8
- Lakhmir Singh Solutions Class 8
- Ask your Doubt
- Science Formulas