ICSE Worksheet for Chapter - 1 Matter Class 8
Worksheets For class 8
Find ICSE Worksheet for chapter-1 Matter class 8
- BOARD: ICSE
- Chemistry Worksheet - 1
- TOPIC: Matter
- For other ICSE Worksheet for class 8 Science check out main page of Physics Wallah.
- Definition and states of matter.
- Kinetic theory of matter.
- Basic properties of three states of matter.
- Interconversion of matter.
- Explanation of Interconversion of matter on the basis of kinetic theory
Difference between :
- Melting and vaporization.
- Liquefaction and solidification.
SECTION – 1
Write the physical state of matter that shows the property given below :
- Rigid and compressible.
- Most compressible form of matter.
- Have definite volume but fixed shape.
- Has largest inter particle space but weakest form of attraction.
Name the process –
- A solid that melts at 0⁰C.
- A gas that can be liquefied under pressure at ordinary temperature.
- A substance that exists as a solid at ordinary temperature but changes to vapour on heating.
Answer the following: on heating solids.
- do the particles gain or lose energy
- does the intermolecular attraction between particles increase or decrease.
Fill in the blanks :
- Temperature ___________ while a solid substance is___________ or a liquid substance is___________
- A vapour on cooling changes into ___________and further cooling changes into ___________
- Matter changes from one state to another either by raising the___________ or lowering the ___________
- A change in which a solid, on heating, directly changes into ___________ state is called ___________
- The intermolecular spaces are ___________ in gaseous and___________ in solids.
Match the following :
- Column A Column B
- A. Constituent of matter 1) Gas
- B. No compressibility 2) Solid
- C. Maximum expansion 3) Molecules
- C. Conversion of a gas 4) Condensation into liquid
In which state water will exist at –
- Sponge is considered as solid yet we are able to compress it. Why ?
- What are fluids ? Which have more inter-particle space- fluid or rigid material ?
- What are the two factors responsible for interconversion of matter ?
Explain the following on the basis of kinetic model of matter :
Correct the following statement.
- Water boils at 100⁰C under 2 atmosphere pressure.
- At high altitude water boils at above 100⁰C.
- A liquid evaporates above its boiling point.
- When a substance is heated the kinetic energy of the particle decreases.
- Solid have the largest inter-particle space.
- Gases have the strongest inter-particle forces.
- Class 8 Physics Notes
- Class 8 Chemistry Notes
- Class 8 Biology Notes
- Class 8 Maths Notes
- Class 8 SST Notes
- Online Quiz Class 8 Physics
- Online Quiz Class 8 Chemistry
- Online Quiz Class 8 Biology
- Online Quiz Class 8 Maths
- Online test Class 8 SST
- MCQ Questions for class 8 Science
- Important Questions Class 8 Maths
- Sample Paper Class 8 Science
- Sample Papers Class 8 Maths
- NCERT solutions class 8
- RS Aggarwal Solutions Class-8
- Lakhmir Singh Solutions Class 8
- Ask your Doubt
- Science Formulas