ICSE Worksheet for Chapter - 4 Basic Chemistry-Terminology and Reaction Class 8
Worksheets For class 8
Find ICSE Worksheet for chapter-4 Basic Chemistry-Terminology and Reaction class 8
- BOARD: ICSE
- Chemistry Worksheet - 4
- TOPIC: Basic Chemistry-Terminology and Reaction
- For other ICSE Worksheet for class 8 Science check out main page of Physics Wallah.
- Symbols: definition, representation by John Dalton and Berzelius.
- Meaning of symbol, radicals, valency, variablevalency.
- Molecular formula, chemical equation and its balancing.
- Main types of chemical equations –
- Direct combination.
- Single displacement.
- Double decomposition.
- Exothermic and endothermic.
- Oxidation and reduction.
SECTION – 1
Write the chemical names of the following compounds :
- Mg(HCO₃)₂ F) Pb(NO3)2
- BaSO4 H) Ag₂O
- (CH₃COO)₂Pb J) CaC2
Write the basic and acidic radicals of these compounds and then write the chemical formula.
- Barium sulphate
- Ammonium nitrate
- Calcium bromide
- Chromium sulphate
- Ferrous sulphide
- Calcium phosphate
- Potassium iodide
- Stannic oxide
- Calcium silicate
- Sodium zincate
Balance the following equation :
- Fe + H₂O → Fe₃O₄ + H₂
- Ca + N₂ → Ca₃N₂
- Zn + KOH → K₂ZnO₂ + H₂
- Fe₂O₃ + CO → Fe + CO₂
- PbO + NH₃ → Pb + H₂O + N₂
- Pb₃O₄ → PbO + O₂
- PbS + O₂ → PbO + SO₂
- S + H₂SO₄ → SO₂ + H₂O
- S + HNO₃ → H₂SO₄ + NO₂ + H₂O
- MnO₂ + HCl → MnCl₂ + H₂O + Cl₂
- C + H₂SO₄ → CO₂ + H₂O + SO₂
Write the balanced chemical equation of the following reactions.
- Sodium hydroxide + sulphuric acid → sodium sulphate + water
- Potassium bicarbonate + sulphuric acid → potassium sulphate + carbon dioxide + water
- Iron + sulphuric acid → ferrous sulphate + hydrogen
- Chlorine + sulphur dioxide + water → sulphuric acid + hydrogen chloride
- Silver nitrate → silver + nitrogen dioxide + oxygen
- Copper + nitric acid → copper nitrate + nitric oxide + water
- Ammonia + oxygen → nitric oxide + water
- Barium chloride + sulphuric acid → barium sulphate + hydrochloric acid
- Zinc sulphide + oxygen → zinc oxide + sulphur dioxide
- Aluminium carbide + water → Aluminium hydroxide + methane
- What is a symbol ? What information does it convey ?
Sodium chloride reacts with silver nitrate to produce silver chloride and sodium nitrate
- Write the equation.
- Check whether it is balanced, if not balance it.
- Find the weights of reactants and products.
- What information can be drawn by the above ?
- What are poly-atomic ions ? Give two examples.
- Name the fundamental law which is involved in every equation.
- Explain the meaning of the term ‘reversible reactions’. Give three different reversible reactions with conditions in which two gases combine to give a gaseous product.
The following reaction :<
Cl2 +H2S à2HCl + S Is a redox reaction. Give reason why ?
- What is a catalyst ? Give two examples of catalytic reactions.
- Class 8 Physics Notes
- Class 8 Chemistry Notes
- Class 8 Biology Notes
- Class 8 Maths Notes
- Class 8 SST Notes
- Online Quiz Class 8 Physics
- Online Quiz Class 8 Chemistry
- Online Quiz Class 8 Biology
- Online Quiz Class 8 Maths
- Online test Class 8 SST
- MCQ Questions for class 8 Science
- Important Questions Class 8 Maths
- Sample Paper Class 8 Science
- Sample Papers Class 8 Maths
- NCERT solutions class 8
- RS Aggarwal Solutions Class-8
- Lakhmir Singh Solutions Class 8
- Ask your Doubt
- Science Formulas