What Is the Difference Between Sapwood and Heartwood?
Differences between Heart wood and Sap wood
1) It is central portion of stem
2) Darker in colour
3) Rasins, tannins, gums and tyloses are found here
4) It is hard and tough
5) It does not perform the function of conduction of water due to formation of tyloses in vessels, hence provide mechanical support.
6) It is also known as duramen
1) It is outer or peripheral portion of stem.
2) Lighter in colour.
3) These are not found.
4) It is soft
5) It performs the function of conduction of water and minerals.
6) It is also known as alburnum.
All Biology Doubts are explained by academic team of Physics Wallah
Differences between Heartwood and Sapwood pdf