Online vs Offline Coaching - Which One is Better?
Every year, the TET exam is held to assess a candidate's suitability for employment as a teacher in a public or private institution. Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET) is administered by the Central Government, whilst Teacher Eligibility Test (TET) exams are administered by state governments or agencies (CBSE). For a person to be qualified for an appointment as a teacher in any of the schools, he/she must pass the Teacher Eligibility Test (TET), which is the minimum qualification needed in India.
A candidate must pass the TET exam required by the Right to Education (RTE) Act, which is administered by the relevant government in compliance with the standards established by the National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE). Both the central and state levels of government conduct the TET. When it comes to choosing between visiting a TET exam coaching center or opting for online coaching, students seek the most appropriate advice for their preparation. This blog provides TET aspirants with the best advice on online coaching vs offline coaching for TET examination.
|Table of Content|
The TET exam's level of difficulty is frequently easy to moderate, passing it is not particularly challenging. It is taken each year by thousands of applicants and the best preparation has to be done. Students must have to choose between online and offline learning for cracking the exam. However, both online and offline TET coaching havetheir own advantages and disadvantages.
Candidates should be advised of the finest study method for them as they get ready for the TET exam. It is strongly encouraged for candidates to select the study strategy that is most comfortable for them because the way candidates prepare for the TET exam differs.
- Online learning has developed into an adaptable teaching method that allows students to conveniently access study materials from the convenience of their homes. Online learning also offers a great alternative for students who are unable to participate offline and allows them the freedom to study at their own pace. And the best place to learn online is through Physics Wallah.
- Students can improve their self-discipline and time management skills through online education, which also gives them access to an endless supply of educational resources. If they have the right tools and a reliable internet connection, students may easily assess their own learning pace.
The following are some advantages of studying for the TET exam online:
- TET aspirants from the most remote areas can now have access to high-quality education and contact with top teachers in India to prepare for entrance exams thanks to e-learning. You don't need to relocate to that big city to receive coaching. Online courses follow the rule of "anywhere, at any time."
Time, money, and energy can all be saved
- Online TET courses can be taken in a relatively short amount of time. Attending physical education programs requires a lot of money, time, and effort. You can take online courses whenever it's convenient for you, from the convenience of your home. Additionally, a considerable sum of money is saved.
- The time saved from traveling and returning could be used more effectively for online study.
Get rid of your regular study resources
- The amount of material in textbooks makes referencing them a time-consuming task. To save time at this point, recorded videos are present, which help to understand what is significant and what is not.
Taking practice tests
- The TET online course includes TET mock tests that comprehensively assess your knowledge and improve your exam readiness. With the TET online course, you may improve your performance and practice. By taking these tests regularly in TET online classes, you may increase your speed and accuracy to optimize your efforts and obtain an advantage over your competitors.
Video analysis of each mock exam
- Simply taking practice exams wouldn't be beneficial until you gave them a proper analysis. For each mock test, TET online coaching will provide recorded videos, which you may use to evaluate your performance and also find alternative solutions for the same problems which would help you find different tricks.
- The following are some disadvantages of studying for the TET examination online:
- To be honest, there aren't many drawbacks to online TET preparation. Because it won't be like a college, there will be disturbance from the families and a bad study atmosphere.
- Long-term use of screens has been associated with increasing vision problems and recurrent headaches. Additionally, as a result of home confinement, anxiety, depression, and sleep disorders are on the rise. As a result, you won't be able to focus during the exam.
Distractions and carelessness
- If you don't study in a classroom setting, there will be lots of distractions. You can eventually lose interest in going to lessons, as well as motivation and self-control. Therefore, in order to prevent them, one must be focused and strive to pass the TET exam.
- Offline classes offer an engaging environment that combines academic and real-world learning. The student's general cognitive and skill development is aided by this.
- The traditional alternative to online education is offline learning. It was the first kind of education that permitted students to routinely connect in person with their peers and teachers. Even while online education is regarded as the future of education, it will never be able to fully replace traditional offline education. Offline learning is largely unaffected by technical concerns and offers students a great chance to create and maintain a regular schedule.
- Offline education promotes teamwork among students and aids in the development of new abilities and these habits are the most useful for TET aspirants. Students who take their classes online are more likely to be reclusive because they only interact with other students online rather than in person.
The following are some advantages of studying for the TET examination offline:
- The setup of the learning must have a quiet study environment since it is crucial for TET exam preparation to persevere with the utmost attention and focus throughout the examinations.
- Online class participants struggle greatly with time management. Online learners lack a set routine and are constantly sidetracked by a variety of responsibilities. Because online classes allow for self-paced learning, some students may not have a clear schedule and fall into procrastination. Additionally, because they must spend a lot of time on their online studies, students may find it necessary to check their social media accounts or search the internet for distractions.
- In offline classes, there is face-to-face interaction because instruction takes place simultaneously. Lively discussions and debates are made possible by instructors' and students' open communication. Additionally, it enables students to receive fast feedback and answers to their queries.
- The following are some disadvantages of studying for the TET examination offline:
Lack of Flexibility
- There is a certain degree of rigidity when it comes to offline learning. Students are expected to be on time for their lectures or sessions because there aren't any pre-recorded videos or notes available to them. As a result, they have to follow a rigid timetable that has been created by their coaching institution.
Large batch sizes in the classroom would prevent individualized attention from being provided
- Only when an individual's efforts are directed in one direction and the student's attention is fixed on the current task can learning occur. Classroom time is more efficient when each student receives individualized attention to help them focus and maintain attention.
Missing lectures would be a problem.
- Class absences are always counted because there is no way to keep track of them. Only local students will frequently take part in TET offline tutoring. You cannot make up a missed class, not even if you are ill or experience an emergency as there will be no recorded sessions.
Your preferred method of learning does not determine your level of success. There is no doubt that both online coaching and offline coaching have advantages and disadvantages. Here, it's crucial that students understand which course of action is best for them. Without effort and real commitment, there won't be a successful outcome in either teaching style.
Due to the inconsistent results of online coaching vs offline coaching, choosing the best elements of the two and maximizing them would be the ideal way to prepare for any exam.
Q1. How to register for the TET Exam?
- Candidates must fill out an application form either online or manually in order to register to take the TET exam. Only applicants who submit their applications successfully are permitted to sit for the TET tests.
- Candidates must pay the application cost in order to submit the online form. The TET application form is released by the different state governments or exam-conducting authorities, whereas the CTET application form is released by the CBSE.
Q2. Which exam, TET or CTET, is preferable?
Ans. You must pass the CTET Exam in order to get hired by KVS or any other central government school like DSSSB. However, the state government of the specific state is in charge of the TET exams. Candidates can obtain teaching positions in state-run public schools solely through TET. Based on your goal one can choose the exam.
Q3. What are the criteria for TET eligibility?
Ans. The requirements for TET eligibility vary from state to state. However, the fundamental requirements that applicants must meet in order to appear for a TET remain the same. Candidates must have completed their class 12 or be a graduate of a reputable university with a minimum GPA of 45%. The age requirement for candidates is at least 18 years and there is no maximum age limit.