Meteorology deals in atmospheric studies to know and predict weather and climate. It is the examination of the atmospheric and climate conditions affecting the earth and its population.
Eligibility of Meteorology
12 with physics and chemistry
Institutes/Universities for Meteorology
- Cochin University of Science and Technology, Kerala.
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Delhi.
- Andhra University, Vishakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh.
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kharagpur, West Bengal.
- Shivaji University, Vidyanagar, Maharashtra.
COURSES FOR Meteorology
- B. Tech./B. Sc.
- M. Tech./M.Sc.
- Ph. D.
Salary Package of Meteorology
The initial salary one earns is about Rs. 10,000 per month. When they are experienced meteorologists can earn around Rs. 25,000 per month. In government service Meteorologists belonging to Grade II get Rs. 15,000 to Rs. 26,000 per month.