Mineral And Resources of Class 10
Alloys: These are those metals which are mixed with iron as base.
- Biogas: Energy produced by using shrubs, form waste, animal and human wastes.
- Conventional Sources of Energy: Traditional sources of energy like coal, petroleum, natural gas.
- Minerals: Naturally occurring substances on the earth’s surfaces having a definite chemical composition.
- Non-conventional sources of energy: Renewable sources of energy which are recently developed like solar, wind tidal, etc.
- Open cast mining: A method of mining by removing the overlying materials to extract the minerals from shallow depth.
- Mining: An economic activity which deals with profitable extraction of minerals.
- Placer deposits: Minerals which occur as alluvial deposits brought down by the rivers such as gold, silver, tin, etc.
- Rocks: Natural substances which consists of one or more minerals.
- Shaft mining: A method of mining where vertical and horizontal shafts are made to extract the minerals from deep under the earth.