Economic Importance of Earthworm
Anatomy of Earthworm,Cockroach & Frog of Class 11
One of the oldest use of earthworm is that it is used as bait for catching fish.
Earthworm are friends of farmers because they enrich the soil by nephridial excretion, it increases the fertility of soil, also known as vermicompositing.
Earthworms help in ploughing of fields, make the soil porous. Acts as natural ploughmen or tillers of soil.
During ancient times, earthworms were used as medicines for removing stones of gallbladder, impotency, piles, rheumatism, gout, pyrrhoea, diarrhoea, etc.
Used for dissection in laboratories.
Used as food in some countries like China, Japan, Australia.
Some species are ectoparasite on frog.
Destroy golf ground.
Soil erosion in hilly areas.
Cause damage to plants
(a) P.elongata to roots of Piper betal.
(b) Malabaria padudiculal and Aphanescus oryzivorous to roots of paddy.
(c) Perionyx to stem of cardamon.
- Earthworm Classification and Body wall
- Digestive System of Earthworm
- Circulatory System of Earthworm
- Respiratory and Excretory System of Earthworm
- Nervous System of Earthworm
- Reproductive System of Earthworm
- Economic Importance of Earthworm
- Cockroach Classification and Body Structure
- Digestive System of Cockroach
- Circulatory System of Cockroach
- Respiratory and Excretory System of Cockroach
- Nervous System of Cockroach
- Reproductive System of Cockroach
- Life Cycle of Cockroach
- Frog Classification and Body Structure
- Digestive and Respiratory System of Frog
- Heart and Circulatory System of Frog
- Nervous System of Frog
- Excretory System of Frog
- Reproductive System of Frog
- Rat Classification and Body Structure
- Digestive System of Rat
- Respiratory System of Rat
- Circulatory System of Rat
- Excretory System of Rat
- Nervous System of Rat
- Reproductive System of Rat
- Interaction of Rat with Mankind
- Exercise 1
- Exercise 2
- Exercise 3
- Exercise 4
- Exercise 5
- Exercise 6