What is the eligibility criteria for IBPS RRB PO Exam
The IBPS RRB PO is a competitive examination conducted by the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) for the recruitment of Probationary Officers (POs) in Regional Rural Banks (RRBs). The examination is conducted annually, and the eligible candidates are selected through a written examination and interview.
The written examination consists of two objective-type papers: Paper-I and Paper II. Paper-I is a general awareness paper, and Paper II is an aptitude test. The candidates who qualify in both papers are called for an interview. Candidates who meet all the eligibility can apply for the IBPS RRB PO examination.
The eligibility criteria for IBPS RRB PO are not very different from any other bank PO. The applicant must have a degree from a recognized university, with at least 50% marks in aggregate. There is no maximum age limit for applying, but the applicant must be at least 21.
Here is the complete detailed on eligibility criteria for IBPS RRB PO.
|Table of Content|
General Eligibility Criteria For Applicants Of IBPS RRB PO
Besides these, the applicant must be a citizen of India and have valid ID proof. You can apply for IBPS RRB PO if you meet all these criteria.
- The ID proof can be either a passport, Aadhar card, or driving licence.
- The applicant must also have proper address proof.
- The address proof can be either a ration card, electricity bill, or water bill.
- The applicant must also have a valid phone number and email address. The last criterion is that the applicant must not have any criminal record.
Examination Qualification For Elgibility Criteria For IBPS RRB PO
Candidates must have the following educational qualifications to be eligible for the IBPS RRB 2022 Exam:
Candidates must have graduated from a recognised university or college in these subjects
- Animal Husbandry,
- Veterinary Science,
- Agricultural Engineering,
- Agricultural Marketing and Cooperation,
- Information Technology,
- Economics or Accountancy will be given more importance.
Candidates must be fluent in the local languages of the participating RRBs.
It is preferable if the candidate is familiar with computers.
Eligibility As Per The Age
|Assistant Manager for officer scale- Above age 18 - Under 30 years, i.e. applicants must have been born between 03.06.1992 and 31.05.2004.|
|Senior Manager For Officer Scale- III - Over 21 Years - Under 40 Years, i.e. applicants must have been born between 03.06.1982 and 31.05.2001.|
|Manager for Officer Scale-II- Above 21 years - Under 32 years, i.e. applicants should have been born between 03.06.1990 and 31.05.2001. (both dates inclusive)|
|An applicant with a Benchmark Disability, as specified by the "Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act of 2016" given relaxation in the upper age limit of 10 years.|
|OBC is given relaxation in the upper age limit of 3 years.|
|SC/ST was relaxed in the age limit of 5 years.|
|PWD candidates were given relaxation in the upper age limit of 10 years.|
|Ex-servicemen commissioned officials, including ECOs/SSCOs, who have served in the military for at least five years and have been released after assignment completion, apart from resignation or discharge due to misbehaviour or inefficiency, or because of physical disability attributable to service in the military, etc. given relaxation in the upper age limit of 5 years|
|Persons who were permanent residents in the Jammu and Kashmir state from January 1, 1980, to December 31, 1989, given relaxation in the upper age limit of 5 years.|
|People involved and affected by the 1984 riots given relaxation in the upper age limit of 5 years.|
Eligibility As Per Educational Qualification
|Officer Scale-I (Assistant Manager)||Bachelor's degree in any subject from a recognised board or university or its equivalent Priority will be given to individuals with degrees in Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry, Animal Husbandry, Veterinary Medicine, Veterinary Science, Agricultural Engineering, Pisciculture, Agricultural Marketing and Cooperation, Information Technology, Management, Law, Economics or Accountancy; Proficiency in local language as prescribed by the participating RRB/s* Desirable: working knowledge of Computer.||No experience required|
|Officer Scale-II Specialist Officers (Manager)||Bachelor's degree in Electronics / Communications / Computer Programming / Information Systems or equivalent degree from a university, with a minimum of 50% marks. Certificates in ASP, PHP, C++, Java, VB, VC, OCP, and other programming languages are preferred.||1 year|
|Certified Associate (CA) in Chartered Accountancy from the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India||1 year as a chartered accountant|
|Degree in Law from a recognised board or university or its equivalent, with a minimum of 50% grades in aggregate.|
|MBA in Marketing from a recognised university|
|Bachelor's degree in Agriculture/ Horticulture/ Dairy/ Animal Husbandry/ Forestry/ Veterinary Science/ Agricultural Engineering/ Pisciculture from a recognised university and its equivalents, with a least of 50% in total.||2 year|
|Officer Scale-II General Banking Officer (Manager)||Bachelor's degree in any field from a recognised university or its equivalent, with at least 50% overall. Candidates with degree courses in Banking, Finance, Marketing, Agriculture, Gardening, Forest management, Animal Rearing, Veterinary Science, Agricultural Engineering, Pisciculture, Agricultural Marketing and Cooperation, Information Technology, Management, Law, Economics, and Accounting will be given preferential treatment.||2 years as a bank and financial institution employee.|
|Officer Scale-III (Senior Manager)||Bachelor's degree in any field from a recognised university or equivalent, with at least 50% overall. Candidates with a degree/diploma in Banking, Finance, Marketing, Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry, Animal Husbandry, Veterinary Science, Agricultural Engineering, Pisciculture, Agricultural Marketing and Cooperation, Information Technology, Management, Law, Economics, and Accounting and finance will be given preferential treatment.||-|
Important things to note while checking the eligibility
- Documentation supporting candidates' educational qualifications, age, and caste is required.
- Documents must be authentic, and applicants' signatures must be consistent and their own.
- Candidates seeking the post of Office Assistant (Multipurpose) must produce their certifications during the document verification process on the day of hire.
- Applicants from the OBC category must have credentials proving that they are not from the creamy layer.
- Applicants from the OBC category must have credentials proving that they are not from the creamy layer. Candidates who do not satisfy these criteria are ineligible for the OBC relaxation and should apply under the Category candidates.
- Candidates who do not meet the qualifying as mentioned above standards shall have their candidature terminated.
Eligibility As Per The Language
- Candidates seeking Officers Scale I and Office Assistant positions in IBPS RRB 2021 should be fluent in the local vernacular of the state from which they are applying. Again for posts of IBPS RRB Officer Scale-I and Office Assistant, applicants who have started studying the native dialect of the nation that they are using in standard VIII or at any level above it in any Government recognised Boards of Education/ School.
- Or have any certificate of standard VIII or tier above standard VIII that will be regarded as proficient within this local vernacular.
- Candidates who may need to gain the necessary language skills will be offered an extension of six months from starting to learn the local dialect of the relevant RRB. Within the framework of the regulations, RRB Boards might prolong this term. The indicated duration, however, can be extended up to the probation period.
Minimum Percentage Required for IBPS RRB Eligibility
- To be deemed eligible for the position, candidates must achieve and acquire a minimum percentage. You may learn much more about IBPS RRB eligibility requirements and other related information.
- Only IBPS RRB Officer Scale-II and Scale-III positions specify a minimum percentage.
- Online applications for IBPS RRB Officer Scale I and Office Assistant positions have no percentage cut-off.
The eligibility criteria for IBPS RRB PO are as follows: the applicant must be between 21 and 32 years of age, have a degree from a recognised university, and have completed their probationary period. In addition, the applicant must have a good understanding of the English language and be proficient in the use of computers.
In conclusion, the eligibility criteria for IBPS RRB PO are pretty simple. All you need is a bachelor's degree between the ages of 21 and 30. You must also be a citizen of India. You can apply for the IBPS RRB PO exam if you meet all these criteria mentioned above.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. Diffrence between IBPS PO and RBB?
Ans. The IBPS RRB's scope is restricted to agricultural, short-term loans, handicrafts, and other small-sector loans. The IBPS PO, on the other hand, is likely to be placed in metropolitan, urban, semi-urban, and occasionally rural regions. And if you're not at ease in a rural setting, IBPS PO is a better option.
Q2. Is the work of RRB PO stressful?
Ans. Employment at RRBs is less stressful and has far less work pressure than jobs in commercial banks because of the restricted work. Bank hours are typically fixed, ensuring you have enough time to be with the family. RRBs also offer more employment stability than private-sector banks.
- RRB PO Exam Prep 101: What You Need To Know
- RBI Assistance - Salary and Other Perks
- Prepare for Bank Exams in 2023 with Free Mock Tests
- Top 7 Bank Exams in India
- How to Prepare for SBI Clerk Mains Exam 2023 in 6 Months?
- IBPS Clerk vs IBPS PO: Know the Difference
- Can the Preparation of RBI Assistant and CAT Go Hand in Hand?
- What is the eligibility criteria for IBPS RRB PO Exam
- All Bank Exam Syllabus
- What are The Standard Books Preferred for IBPS Clerk Exam?