Causes of Extinction of Wild Life
conservation of plant and animal of Class 8
Destruction of habitats: This can be due to:
- Environmental pollution.
- Deforestation cause a decrease in reproductive power and loss of habitat.
- Soil erosion
- Agricultural expansion
- Increasing urbanization
- Forest fires due to human activities
- Developmental works.
Indiscriminate hunting: For various animal products as musk, tusk, fur etc., for entertainment etc.
Extinction of Dodo bird due to hunting for its beautiful feathers.
- Introduction of exotic species: This causes threat to native species. e.g. Water hyacinth has become dominant species in pools and ponds.
- Lack of education: Due to this many rural people are not aware of importance of wild life.
TYPES OF EXTINCTION:
- Natural extinction: Due to change in environment.
- Mass extinction: This occurs due to catastrophes.
- Extinction due to human interference: This is also called as anthropogenic extinction.
Tropical forests are losing 14000 - 40000 species per year and this is estimated that at the end of 21st century near about 50% species may become extinct.
- What Is Silviculture
- Conservation Of Forests
- The Chipko Movement
- Causes of Extinction of Wild Life
- Threat Categories
- Red Data Book
- Conservation of Biodiversity
- National Park
- Biospheres Reserves
- Botanical Garden
- Forests Reserves
- Zoological Park
- Organizations Working On Forest Conservation
- Wild Life Of India
- Some Important Terminologies Related To Biodiversity
- Recycling Of Paper
- solved questions
- Exercise 1