SSC Worksheet for Chapter - 8 Reaching The Age of Adolescence Class 8
Worksheets For class 8
Find SSC Worksheet for chapter-8 Reaching The Age of Adolescence class 8
- BOARD: SSC
- BIOLOGY Worksheet -8
- TOPIC: Reaching The Age of Adolescence
- For otherSCC Worksheet for class 8 Science check out main page of Physics Wallah.
- The adolescent are also called as __________.
- __________ is known as voice box.
What is hormone?
- Organic complex substances
- Chemical messenger
- Glandular secretion
- Blood cells
- Do not possess ducts
- Sometime have duct
- Always have duct
- Pour their secretion through ducts
- Define adolescence.
- Tabulate the important physical changes in the boys and girls that take place during puberty.
- Are there hormones in other animals also? Have they any role to play in reproduction?
- Many adolescents do not grow according to their age. Can you give reason, why?
- What is the term used for secretions of endocrine glands responsible for changes taking place in the body?
- What are sex hormones? Why are they named so? State there function.
Solutions: to worksheet-8 Topic- Reaching The Age of Adolescence
- (b) Chemical messenger
- (a) Do not possess ducts
- The period of life when the body undergoes certain noticeable changes, leading to reproductive maturity is called ‘adolescence’.
Physical changes in boys Physical changes in girls (a) The shoulders become broader (a) The pelvic region widens (b) The chest becomes wider (b) Hips get broaden (c) The body becomes more muscular (c) Breasts develop & increase in size. The
mammary glands develop inside the breasts
(d) Voice becomes deeper (d) Start of menstrual cycle
- Hormones are secreted in other animals also to help in their growth and development. For example, metamorphosis in insects is controlled by insect hormones. In a frog, it is controlled by thyroxin, the hormone produced by thyroid. Thyroxin production requires the presence of iodine in water. If the water in which the tadpoles are growing does not contain sufficient iodine, the tadpoles cannot become adults.
- The term used for secretions of endocrine glands responsible for changes taking place in the body is ‘puberty’.
- Many adolescents are at different stages of puberty, even though their age is same. The growth and development of body depends upon the secretion of growth hormones which vary from person to person.
- The hormones which the responsible for secondary sexual characters in males & females are called sex hormones. Testosterone is the male sex hormone which brings about sexual maturity in males. Oestrogen is the female sex hormone which brings about sexual maturity in females. Hence they are called as sex hormones.
- Class 8 Physics Notes
- Class 8 Chemistry Notes
- Class 8 Biology Notes
- Class 8 Maths Notes
- Class 8 SST Notes
- Online Quiz Class 8 Physics
- Online Quiz Class 8 Chemistry
- Online Quiz Class 8 Biology
- Online Quiz Class 8 Maths
- Online test Class 8 SST
- MCQ Questions for class 8 Science
- Important Questions Class 8 Maths
- Sample Paper Class 8 Science
- Sample Papers Class 8 Maths
- NCERT solutions class 8
- RS Aggarwal Solutions Class-8
- Lakhmir Singh Solutions Class 8
- Ask your Doubt
- Science Formulas