ICSE Worksheet for chapter-10 Heat class 9
Worksheet For class 9
Find ICSE Worksheet for chapter-10 Heat class 9
Physics Worksheet - 10
For other ICSE Worksheet for class 9 Science check out main page of Physics Wallah.
• Concept of Heat, Concept of Temperature, Thermal Expansion
• Demonstration of Thermal Expansion in Solids
• Demonstration of Cubical Expansion in Liquids
• Demonstration of Cubical Expansion in Gases
• Thermal Expansion of Solids, Uses and Disadvantages of Thermal Expansion of Solids
SECTION 1 – OBJECTIVE
1. The unit of coefficient of linear expansion is:
2. When the bimetallic strip (brass and invar) is heated:
(A) It remains straight
(B) It bends with brass on convex side
(C) It bends with invar on convex side
(D) It does not have a definite shape
3. The bimetallic strip is not used in:
(B) Pendulum clock
(C) Fire alarm
(D) Electric iron
4. If ϒa and ϒr denote the coefficient of apparent and real expansion of liquid, then:
(A) ϒa=ϒr for all temperature range
(D) sometimes ϒa>ϒr and sometimes ϒr>ϒa
5. When the lake starts freezing, the formation of ice
(A) Is first at bottom
(B) Is first at the middle
(C) Is first at the top
(D) Nothing can be said
6. The liquid that contracts on heating from 0oC to 40oC is
(D) None of these
7. The lower fixed point of each of the Celsius and Fahrenheit scales of temperature is
(A) 4o when the density of water is maximum
(B) The boiling point of water
(C) The freezing point of water
(D) The freezing point of Mercury
8. The boiling point of water, on Fahrenheit scale is:
9. The absolute zero on Celsius scale is:
10. 45oC equals to:
(B) 318 K
(C) 45 K
(D) 8o F
SECTION 2 - SUBJECTIVE
1. What is heat and temperature? Write its S.I. unit.
2. Define the terms (i) coefficient of linear expansion and (ii) coefficient of cubical expansion.
Deduce the relationship between them.
3. What are the different scales of temperature? Derive a relationship between them.
4. Explain the following:
(a) Pendulum clock generally go fast in winter and slow in summer.
(b) A hot glass chimney often cracks when a drop of water falls on it.
(c) Fishes survive in ponds even when the atmospheric temperature is below 0oC.
(d) A hollow glass sphere which floats with its entire volume submerged in water at 4oC sinks when the water is heated above 4oC.
5. During the day time. The atmospheric temperature rises by 18oF. What is the corresponding rise on Celsius scale ?
6. Compare the relative advantages and disadvantages of Mercury and alcohol for use in thermometers.
7. When a bar of iron 50.0 cm long at 15oC is heated in a furnace it becomes 50.1 cm.
If the coefficient of linear expansion of iron is 0.000011o/C, find the temperature of the furnace.
8. A Mercury thermometer is transferred from boiling water to a glass of milk. The mercury level falls to three-fifth of the distance between the lower and upper fixed points. Calculate the temperature of milk (1) in oC and (2) in K
Solutions: to worksheet-10 Topic - Heat class 9
7. t2 = 196.80C
8. (i) 600C (ii) 333K
- Class 9 Physics Notes
- Class 9 Chemistry Notes
- Class 9 Biology Notes
- Class 9 Maths Notes
- Class 9 Online Quiz Physics
- Class 9 Online Quiz Chemistry
- Class 9 Online Quiz Maths
- NCERT Solutions For Class 9
- RS Aggarwal Solutions Class-9
- RD Sharma solutions Class-9
- VK Agarwal Solution Class 9
- Lakhmir Singh Solutions Physics
- Lakhmir Singh Solutions Chemistry
- Important Question Class-9 Maths
- Important Question Class-9 Science
- Maths sample papers class 9
- Ask your Doubt
- Science Formulas
- Maths Formula
- NCERT Exemplar Class 9 Maths