What is Noise
Sound of Class 8
what is Noise
Sound waves which produces some trouble sensation and are unacceptable are called noise.
Sound waves which are produced by irregular non periodic vibrations of a body are non-musical in character (noise), while waves which are produced by regular periodic vibrations are musical in nature.
HARMFUL EFFECTS OF NOISE:
- A long exposure to noise pollution may result in the loss of hearing which may lead to deafness.
- Noise pollution reduces concentration and results in the loss of work efficiency.
- Noise causes anger, tension and it can also interferes with the sleeping pattern of individuals.
- Noise can cause loss of night vision as well as colour blindness.
PREVENTION AND CONTROL OF NOISE:
- Machines should be designed in such a way, so that they produce minimum sound.
- All automobiles, generators etc. should be provided with improved silencers.
- At homes T.V , radio etc. should be played at lowest volume.
Further Reading :
1. Human Ear