Tips to Crack SBI Bank PO in Just Three Months
The State Bank of India conducts the SBI PO officer exam for selecting eligible candidates for the post of assistant manager or Probationary Officer in various branches all over India. SBI probationary officer meaning specifies it as the exam that places candidates directly as officers across various SBI bank branches. The examination is conducted once every year and is one of the toughest and most competitive exams in the banking industry.
The candidates preparing for the SBI PO examination must know that several other aspirants will apply for the vacancies at SBI. This makes the examination level extremely tough. The candidates must prepare well to ace this exam's stages to ensure their SBI PO qualification.
The SBI PO exam is conducted in three stages: Preliminary exam, Mains exam, and Group discussion/ personal interview. After qualifying in the last stage, group discussion, and personal interview, the candidates are recruited based on the final merit list and are finally called for training.
‘Is SBI PO exam tough?’’ is a common question most candidates ask. The key to acing this exam is a well-thought-out preparation strategy. Before understanding the three-month preparation strategy, the candidates must be completely aware of the examination pattern and syllabus included in the SBI PO examination. Candidates must get the SBI PO syllabus in Hindi or English from the official website before they start their preparations.
|Table of Content|
The examination pattern of the SBI PO exam is almost the same as the IBPS PO exam. The candidates must completely understand the SBI PO exam time duration and exam pattern before starting the preparations to get familiar with the actual exam.
- Preliminary Exam
|Subject||Number of Questions||Duration|
|English Language.||30||20 Minutes.|
|Quantitative Aptitude.||35||20 Minutes.|
|Reasoning Ability.||35||20 Minutes.|
- Mains Examination
|Reasoning & Computer Aptitude.||45||60||60 Minutes.|
|Data Analysis & Interpretation.||35||60||45 Minutes.|
|General/ Economy/ Banking Awareness.||40||40||35 Minutes.|
|English Language.||35||40||40 Minutes.|
|English Language (Letter Writing & Essay).||2||50||30 Minutes.|
- Personal Interview/ Psychometric test/ group discussion
The candidates qualifying for the first two stages of the SBI PO exam are called for an interview and group discussion worth 30 and 20 marks, respectively. The total marks of this phase of the SBI PO exam are 50. The candidates who make it to the final merit list after qualifying at this stage are recruited in various branches of SBI all over India.
It is a little tricky to prepare for the SBI PO examination within 3 months as at least 6 months of daily practice is required to ace the exam. To improve the chances of SBI PO qualification, the candidates must have a foolproof preparation strategy that must be followed sincerely. Below are a few tricks that are required for the SBI PO preparations within 3 months:
- Preliminary Examination
- For the prelim exam, the candidates must remember that good speed and accuracy are extremely important to ace the exam. SBI probationary officer exam duration is 1 hour for the preliminary exam divided into 20 minutes for each section. For this, the candidates must have good command over their speed and accuracy in attempting the questions.
- For the SBI PO English language section, the candidates must read editorials and articles in the newspaper or online. This will improve their reading skills which will help in completing the exam within the given time limit. The candidates must have command over grammar and should understand the questions properly.
- For SBI PO Reasoning Ability, the candidates must prepare from as many mocks as possible. They should be aware of the basics of the topics asked in this section and then practice from the previous year's question papers or mocks provided by various educational platforms.
- For SBI PO Quantitative Analysis, the candidates must know the crucial tricks to solve the questions. Speed maths plays a vital role in this section and should be practiced more. The candidates must remember that speed and accuracy are required in this section.
- Mains Examination
- For the mains examination, the candidates must be aware of the important events happening all over the world, particularly in the banking and finance sector. The candidate's main focus should be on learning the exam basics rather than the speed since enough time is given to attempt every section.
- The candidates are advised not to stress and panic after seeing tough questions since the exam is difficult. The candidates must learn basic grammar for the descriptive and objective English sections. The format of the letter and essay should be revised as it is asked in the descriptive section.
- For General Awareness, the candidates are advised to read daily newspapers and important finance and banking sector topics.
- For Reasoning and Computer Aptitude, the aspirants must practice the questions by taking mocks and answering previous year's papers. Analyse the answers and work on them accordingly.
- For Data Interpretation and Analysis, the candidates should learn the basic concepts of the topics included in the subject. The candidates must practice different approaches to various questions and analyse their strengths and weaknesses accordingly.
Preparing in three months is extremely difficult and can be perfected only through absolute dedication and focus on studies. The candidates must strategize the preparations accordingly for all the subjects. SBI Probational Officer's salary is quite impressive, and candidates generally enjoy this career.
After working as a PO, candidates must study towards a promotion in SBI PO. As they need to study on an ongoing basis to improve their careers, it is better to have access to the best learning resources. This is where Physicswallah comes to the fore with an extensive library of online learning material to help candidates ace the SBI PO exam efficiently and well.
Q1. What is the SBI PO exam?
Ans. The State Bank of India conducts recruitment exams for selecting eligible candidates for the post of assistant manager in its different branches all over India.
Q2. What is the foremost step towards SBI PO preparation?
Ans. The first step towards SBI PO preparations is to understand the exam pattern and syllabus included in the exam completely.
Q3. How many stages are there in the SBI PO exam?
Ans. The SBI PO exam has three stages: preliminary exam, mains exam, and group discussion/ personal interview.
Q4. What are the most useful materials for preparing for the SBI PO exam?
Ans. The previous year's memory-based papers and mock tests are extremely useful to ace the preparation for the SBI PO exam.