BPSC Selection Process 2023 is conducted to fill up various state-level civil service posts through a combined competitive examination. The BPSC selection process is divided into three stages, i.e., prelims, mains, and personality test/interview.
Moreover, the BPSC preliminary exam will be conducted for 150 marks, followed by the main exam for 900 marks and the interview for 120 marks. Candidates should obtain at least the minimum marks and clear the cut-off marks of all the selection stages to get placed in the BPSC Result PDF.
69th BPSC Selection Process 2023
The Bihar Public Service Commission releases the BPSC selection process 2023 through the official notification PDF. Candidates must be familiar with the BPSC 69th CCE selection process and prepare their strategy accordingly. As per the 69th BPSC notification PDF, the selection process comprises three exam stages, as shared below.
|BPSC Exam Pattern 2023 Overview|
|BPSC Exam Stage||Type of Exam||Mode||Total Marks||Duration|
|Mains||Descriptive||Offline||One Qualifying Paper (General Hindi, 100 marks)
4 Papers (300 marks each for GS 1,2, and essay, 100 marks for optional subject)
|3 hours for each Paper|
|Personality Test||Interview||Offline||120||Not Defined|
BPSC Selection Process 2023-New Changes
There are certain changes that are included in the BPSC selection process, as shared below.
- As per the new changes, there will be four answer options with 1/3rd negative marking in the integrated BPSC 69th CCE exam.
- The BPSC prelims exam consists of one General Studies paper with 150 marks.
- The BPSC 69th mains exam will contain five papers, i.e., General Hindi (Qualifying), General Studies Paper 1, General Studies Paper 2, Essay, and Optional Subject.
- The General Hindi and Optional subjects are qualifying in nature, with 100 marks each. MCQ-type questions will be asked in optional subjects.
BPSC Selection Process 2023 for Prelims Exam
- The preliminary exam is the first stage of the BPSC selection process.
- The 69th BPSC prelims exam pattern consists of one objective type paper, i.e., General Studies.
- The maximum mark in the prelims exam is 150 marks with a time limit of 2 hours.
- There shall be a negative marking of 0.25 marks for every wrong response in the BPSC 69th exam pattern.
|BPSC 69th Prelims Exam Pattern|
|Subject||Maximum Marks||Duration||Negative Marking||BPSC Syllabus|
|General Studies||150||2 hours||0.25 marks||National and international importance events
Changes in the economy of Bihar post-independence
Geography and Geography of Bihar
History of Bihar and Indian History
Indian Polity and Economy
Indian National Movement and the Role of Bihar
General Mental Ability
BPSC Selection Process 2023 for Mains Exam
- The main exam is the second stage of the BPSC selection process.
- The BPSC 69th mains exam pattern consists of five papers, i.e., General Hindi (Qualifying), General Studies Paper 1, General Studies Paper 2, Essay, and Optional Subject.
- The maximum mark for the BPSC mains exam is 1100, including qualifying papers as per the BPSC 69th exam pattern.
|BPSC 69th Mains Exam Pattern|
|Name of Paper||Total Marks||Duration|
|General Hindi (Qualifying)||100||3 hours|
|General Studies Paper 1||300||3 hours|
|General Studies Paper 2||300||3 hours|
|Optional Subject (Qualifying)||100||3 hours|
BPSC Selection Process 2023 for Interview
- Aspirants who obtain qualifying marks in the BPSC mains exam will be shortlisted for the personality test/interview round.
- The BPSC interview round carries a total of 120 marks.
- The BPSC 69th interview round is conducted to judge the candidate’s general knowledge, skills, and job suitability for the post.
How to Ace the BPSC Selection Process 2023?
The BPSC exam is one of the toughest recruitment processes in the country. Lakhs of candidates appear for this exam every year. However, only a few thousand are declared successful in these exams due to their hard work, dedication, and consistency. So, it is important to implement the right strategy and choose reliable books to ace the BPSC selection process in one attempt. Check the quick tips and tricks to maximize the scores in the BPSC 69th CCE exam.
- Analyse BPSC Syllabus and Exam Pattern: Candidates should check the BPSC syllabus and exam pattern before commencing the preparation. This will help them to know which topics need to be covered for the upcoming exam. By knowing the BPSC exam pattern, they will get to know about the exam requirements, number of sections, and marking scheme specified by the commission.
- Choose Reliable Books: Candidates must choose the finest quality BPSC books based on the recommendations of the experts and toppers. This will help them to clear the basic concepts of all the important topics and allow them to understand core topics easily.
- Attempt Mock Tests & Sample Papers: Candidates should attempt the BPSC online test series and sample papers to check where their preparation stands. After solving BPSC CCE mock papers, they should analyze their performance and identify their mistakes to avoid committing the same in the actual exam.
- Solve Previous Year Question Paper: Candidates should solve BPSC’s previous year’s question paper to understand the topics previously asked in the exam. This will also help them to understand past trends and get an idea of what kind of questions can be asked in the upcoming exam.
- Revise Regularly: Candidates should create short notes for all the covered topics during the preparation and revise them regularly in order to keep the details in mind for a longer period.
BPSC Selection Process 2023 FAQs
Q1. What is the BPSC Selection Process 2023?
Ans. The 69th BPSC selection process comprises three stages, i.e., prelims, mains exam, and personality test/ interview round.
Q2. Is there any interview round in the BPSC Selection Process 2023?
Ans. Yes. There will be a personality test/interview round in the BPSC selection process.
Q3. What subjects are specified in the prelims of the BPSC Selection Process?
Ans. The 69th BPSC prelims exam pattern consists of one objective type paper, i.e., General Studies.
Q4. For how many marks is the BPSC Prelims Exam 2023 conducted?
Ans. The 69th BPSC preliminary exam carries a total of 150 marks.
Q5. What is the duration of the BPSC Prelims Exam 2023?
Ans. The duration of the 69th BPSC prelims exam will be 2 hours.