Biomedical Engineering Introduction
Biomedical engineering is the study of engineering as applied in the medical sector such as manufacturing prostheses, medical equipment, diagnostic devices and drugs. Professionals in this field are known as a biomedical engineers. The biomedical engineers utilize the engineering methods and theories to enhance health care. Orthopaedic and rehabilitation engineering, molecular, cellular and tissue engineering are also a part of this discipline.
Eligibility of Biomedical Engineering
(10+2) examination with biology, maths and chemistry.
For IITs, It is mandatory to qualify in the Joint Entrance Examinations (J.E.E). The duration for the course is 4 years.
Institutes/Universities for Biomedical Engineering
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences New Delhi.
- Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Centre of Biomedical Research, University of Delhi.
- Indian Institute of Technology (BHU) Varanasi.
- Department of Biomedical Engineering, (University College of Engineering) Osmania University, Hyderabad.
- Govt. Model Engineering College, Kochi, Kerala.
COURSES FOR Biomedical Engineering
- B.Sc. in Bio medical Science
- B Tech in Biomedical Engineering
- Dual Degree programmes
- Ph. D programme in Bio medical science
Salary Package of Biomedical Engineering
A Biomedical Engineer earns an average salary of Rs 303,833 per year. Experience strongly influences pay for this job. Most people move on to other jobs if they have more than 10 years' experience in this field.