What is the Full Form of CDS ?
Full form of CDS
CDS stands for Combined Defense Services. The Indian Army is an example of India's high values as a country. From the icy landscapes of Siachen to the desert of Rajasthan, the Indian Army serves as a shield for the more than one billion people in our country, protecting us from all kinds of threats that continue to plague India's borders.
The CDS is one way to become an army officer. The exam is taken twice a year, and the qualifiers are invited to the SSB interview. This article will discuss the full form of CDS, CDS Examination Form, CDS Roles and Responsibilities, CDS Age Limit, etc
The central Government created this examination to assign jobs in the Indian Army. For the requirement for the IMA (Indian Military Academy), OTA (Officers Training Academy), INA (Indian Naval Academy), and the IAF (Indian Air Force Academy), an Integrated Defense Services Survey was conducted. The minimum qualification required to write these exams is to graduate from an Indian university.
The Chief of Defense Manager is another full form of the CDS. The position of Chief of Staff of Defense is that of a specialist, the head of the Indian Army. The Chief of Defense Staff is the Government of India's senior-most uniformed military adviser.
This article will discuss the Complete CDS Examination with full details of the CDS test, such as an overview of CDS, CDS Age Limit, CDS Educational Qualification, CDS Roles and Responsibilities, etc.
- Name of the Examination: Combined Defense Service
- Commonly recognized as UPSC CDS Exam
- Number of the examination: Twice a year
- Exam conducted by the body: UPSC (Union Public Service Commission)
- Stages of the Examination: Written Exam
- SSB Interview: Medical Examination
- Official Website: upsc.gov.in
The age limit for the CDS Exam is provided below.
- Indian Military Academy (IMA): 19 to 24 years
- Indian Air Force Academy (IAF): 19 to 24 years
- Indian Naval Academy (INA): 19 to 24 years
- Officers Training Academy (OTA): 19 to 25 year
The educational requirements for the CDS test are mentioned below.
- Indian Military Academy (IMA) and Officer Training Academy (OTA): Qualifications from a recognized or equivalent University
- Indian Naval Academy (INA): Engineering degree from a well-known University or equivalent
- Indian Air Force Academy (IAF): Degree from a recognized University (with Physics and Mathematics level 10 + 2).
Physical Standards by CDS
Applicants must be physically fit by the standards set out in the UPSC official advertisement.
The eligibility criteria for CDS have been established by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). Before applying for the CDS exam, candidates must meet the eligibility requirements. The basic body level of the candidate is:
- The applicant must have good physical and mental health.
- Permanent tattoos on the body are not allowed.
- There are no hernias anywhere on the applicant's body.
- There is no deformity or disability in the vestibule-cochlear system of the ear.
- There are no active cases of venereal congenital disease.
Height and Weight Standards
|Height in Centimetres (Without shoes)||Weight in Kgs.||Weight in Kgs.||Weight in Kgs.||Weight in Kgs.|
|18 years||20 years||22 years||24 years|
- Test Categories: Written Testing & SSB Interview
- Examination mode: Offline or Pen & paper-based
- English Category: 120 questions
- In the General Information Section: 120 questions
- In the first phase of Mathematics: 100 questions
Exam duration: Two hours. assigned to each page
Number of Questions:
- 340 MCQs or Objective question types for IMA, INA, and AFA
- 240 MCQs in the case of OTA
Language: English and Hindi