Distribution of water on earth

Water of Class 7

The distribution of water on the Earth’s surface is extremely uneven. Only 3% of water on the surface is fresh; the remaining 97% resides in the ocean. Of freshwater, 69% resides in glaciers, 30% underground, and less than 1% is located in lakes, rivers and swamps. Looked at another way, only one percent of the water on the Earth’s surface is usable by humans, and 99% of the usable quantity is situated underground.

distribution of earth's water

 

Related Topics

water revision

 

NCERT SOLUTIONS FOR CLASS-7 SCIENCE (Science for grade-7 NCERT solutions)

Chapter 1 - Nutrition in Plants

Chapter 2 - Nutrition in Animals

Chapter 3 - Fibre to Fabric

Chapter 4 - Heat

Chapter 5 - Acids, Bases and Salts

Chapter 6 - Physical and Chemical Changes

Chapter 7 - Weather, Climate and Adaptations of Animals to Climate

Chapter 8 - Winds, Storms and Cyclones

Chapter 9 – Soil

Chapter 10 - Respiration in Organisms

Chapter 11 - Transportation in Animals and Plants

Chapter 12 - Reproduction in Plants

Chapter 13 - Motion and Time

Chapter 14 - Electric Current and Its Effects

Chapter 15 – Light

Chapter 16 - Water: A Precious Resource

Chapter 17 - Forests: Our Lifeline

Chapter 18 - Wastewater Story

 
Talk to Our counsellor