Formula For Vant Hoff Factor
Sep 06, 2022, 16:45 IST
Van’t Hoff Factor:
Degree of Association :
It is the fraction of total number of molecules of solute which combines to form bigger molecules. Let n moles of solute (X) associate from one mole of it.
Degree of Dissociation :
It is defined as the fraction of total number of molecules which dissociates into free ions.
Let us take 1 mole of KCl and x be its degree of dissociation, then we have
Example For Van't Hoff Factor
Q1. Value of van’t Hoff factor for K2SO4 solution with 50% dissociation?
Q2. Assuming complete dissociation, which one of the following will have a van't Hoff factor of 2?
D. Lead nitrate
Ans. Correct option is A
Q3. From a measurement of the freezing-point depression of benzene, the molecular weight of acetic acid in a benzene solution was determined to be 100. The percentage association of acetic acid is
Ans. Correct option is C
For More Chemistry Formulas just check out main page of Physics Wallah
- Number of Moles Formula
- Electron configuration
- Root Mean Square Speed of Gas Molecules
- Chemistry Formula For Average Speed of Gas Molecules
- Chemistry Formula For Most Probable Speed of Gas Molecules
- Chemistry Formula For Raoults Law
- Relative Lowering of Vapour Pressure
- Chemistry Formula For Osmotic Pressure
- Chemistry Formula For Vant Hoff Factor
- Chemistry Formula For Henry Law
- Standard EMF of a Cell
- EMF of the cell
- Faraday Laws of Electrolysis
- Binding Energy Formula