NCERT Solutions for Class 9 Science Updated 2023-24
NCERT Solutions for Class 9 Science is an outstanding resource for students of this level. Physics Wallah creates these solutions on a chapter-wise basis, which is immensely beneficial to them. For those struggling to comprehend various topics or aiming for higher marks in exams, it's the perfect choice. Reasonably comprehensible language is utilized to foster self-development among learners. Understanding the subject is crucial to making it more accessible, and NCERT Solutions for Class 9 Science can help you do just that.
Physics, Chemistry, and Biology are components of Class 9 Science, demanding absolute comprehension for performing well. Through these solutions, students can obtain answers to their perplexing questions. Memorizing Chemistry equations and mastering Biology diagrams will be greatly helpful in getting excellent results. Some students find Science challenging, while others find it easy.
When solving textbook problems, students often have doubts. NCERT Solutions for Class 9 Science are useful in such situations, as they provide detailed explanations and answers to those questions.
Students can easily access the NCERT Class 9 Science Solutions chapters as they are presented in a standardized format. Students can even perform their assignments and score well with the below solutions. Students can use these chapters to prepare for their examinations and lay the groundwork for further study. To succeed, students need to understand and learn the chapters listed below.
The Class 9 Science syllabus contains several chapters that students must understand thoroughly for a good foundational knowledge of the subject. These topics cover a wide range of scientific phenomena, from the state of matter to atoms and molecules, the structure of an atom, the fundamental unit of life, and more. Additionally, by studying motion, force, laws of motion, gravitation, energy, work, and sound, among other concepts, students can expand upon their knowledge base with new principles, which will be invaluable when it comes to higher studies. To gain a comprehensive understanding of the topics in the syllabus, it is wise to go through a 9th Science Guide as well.
Students can easily understand the topics of Class 9 Science by using the NCERT solutions for Class 9 Science. They can practice solving the questions provided in the NCERT solutions and improve their answering skills in the best way. By doing so, they can finish their syllabus earlier, leaving them enough time to revise the chapters.
Students preparing for their board examinations and assignments can use NCERT Solutions for Class 9 Science in a format that is more accessible to them.
NCERT Class 9 Science Chapter 1 is the foundation of learning Chemistry and requires a thorough understanding. To gain clarity on the topics of Matter in Our Surroundings. Through this chapter, one can understand the changes which affect the state of matter under pressure or temperature, as well as their causes and effects being explained in a simplified way. It is advisable to read through the text before attempting any questions.
Here is a list of important topics covered in the first chapter of class 9's science textbook:
- What is the matter?
- Physical properties of matter
- Interchange in states of matter
- Latent heat
- The process like sublimation and evaporation
- Effect of Change of Pressure
- MCQ Questions for class 9 Science Chapter 1 Matter in Our Surroundings
- Lakhmir Singh Chemistry Class 9 Solutions Chapter 1 Matter in Our Surroundings Solutions
In NCERT class 9 Science book, "Is Matter Around Us Pure?" is discussed in Chapter 2. This chapter builds on the previous one and discusses different separation techniques and physical and chemical transformations. Numerous experiments demonstrate the elements that make up a solution or mixture. After mastering this chapter, you can differentiate between mixtures and pure substances.
Chapter 2 “Is Matter Around Us Pure” covers the following topics:
- What are compounds?
- Characteristics of compounds
- Properties of mixtures
- Types of mixtures
- Separation of mixture
- Suspensions and their types
- Colloids and their types
- MCQ Questions for class 9 Science Chapter 2 Is Matter Around Us Pure
- Lakhmir Singh Chemistry Class 9 Solutions Chapter 2 Is Matter Around Us Pure
The 3rd Chapter of NCERT Solutions Class 9, Atoms and Molecules, carries a significant weightage in school exams, with a minimum of 3-4 questions from this chapter every year. It is an essential chapter for Class 11 Mole Concept building as well. To solve numerical questions based on the Mole concept, a thorough understanding is needed.
Chapter 3 is about atoms and molecules. The following topics are covered in the chapter:
- Atoms and molecules
- Laws of chemical combination
- What is an atom?
- What is a molecule?
- Writing chemical formulae
- Molecular mass and mole concept
- MCQ Questions for class 9 Science Chapter 3 Atoms And Molecules
- Lakhmir Singh Chemistry Class 9 Solutions Chapter 3 Atoms And Molecules
Chapter 4 forms part of Chemistry and is focused on the “Structure of Atom”. Maths is required within this chapter, but its many theories concerning atomic structure lend themselves to scoring well in exams. To get the best out of it, constantly revise the relevant concepts – Neutrons, Protons, Isotopes, Valency, etc., and these will prove invaluable come exam time!
The structure of Atoms and molecules covers the following concepts:
- Structure of Atom
- Charged particles in matter
- The models of the structure of an atom
- How are electrons distributed in different Orbits (Shells)?
- Atomic number and mass number
- MCQ Questions for class 9 Science Chapter 4 Structure of the Atom
- Lakhmir Singh Chemistry Class 9 Solutions Chapter 4 Structure Of The Atom
Your syllabus begins with the 5th chapter - The Fundamental Unit of Life - which relates to Biology. You will learn about the structure of cells in this chapter. Both animal and plant cells are explained with elaborate diagrams.
- Cell, the basic unit of life, covers the concepts of
- Cell as a basic unit of life
- Prokaryotic and eukaryotic cells
- Cell membrane and cell wall
- Cell organelles
- Cell inclusions
- Chromosomes' structure and function
- MCQ Questions for class 9 Science Chapter 5 The Fundamental Unit Of Life
- PS Verma and VK Agarwal Biology Class 9 solutions Chapter 5 The Fundamental Unit Of Life
The 6th chapter in NCERT Solutions Class 9 Science deals with Tissues, and provides descriptions of the different types. What's more, questions from this chapter are often featured in the Olympiad. With a comprehensive understanding of it, you can strengthen your background in Biology along with improving your performance in final exams and Olympiads. To aid your learning, distinctions between animal and plant tissue have been illustrated with diagrams.
Have you ever thought, how plants
- Get support to stand erect ?
- Delicate leaves resist strong winds ?
- The trunk of the tree grows in height and increases in diameter ?
How do animals
- Exhibit locomotion ?
- Breathe in and transport oxygen ?
- Respond to changes in external environment ?
This chapter will help you to get answers to these queries and will also throw light on how plants and animals efficiently show division of labour.
Topics To be covered are - Tissues, organs, organ systems, organism. Structure and functions of animal and plant tissues (four types in animals; meristematic and permanent tissues in plants). Number of Questions in NCERT Class 9 Science Exercise for chapter-6 are 4 from Exercise-1 to 4 and having total Questions-25
- MCQ Questions for class 9 Science Chapter 6 Tissues
- PS Verma and VK Agarwal Biology class 9 solutions Chapter 6 Tissues
A great deal of variety can be found among the various living organisms as you look around. Diversity in Living Organisms is the 7th Chapter in NCERT Science Class 9 Solutions. This chapter explains the hierarchy of plant and animal kingdoms as well as the classification system. The differences between them and their ways of life are explored in this chapter.
Every organism is unique in itself. The multitudes of life forms that surround us have evolved on the earth over millions of years.Some of the bacteria may be a few micrometres in size, while there are blue whales and red wood trees of California having an approximate size of 30 metres and 100 metres respectively.
Some pine trees live for thousand of years while insects like mosquitoes die within a few days.It is practically not easy to study and know about different organisms. Further it will create confusion.This chapter will help us to discover the efforts of some scientists in classifying, naming and grouping organisms based on certain criteria.
Topics To be covered are- Diversity of plants and animals-basic issues in scientific naming, basis of classification. Hierarchy of categories/groups and major groups of plants (salient features) (Bacteria, Thallophyta, Bryophyta, Pteridophyta, Gymnosperms and Angiosperms). Major groups of animals (salient features) (Non-chordates up to phyla and Chordates up to classes).
- MCQ Questions for class 9 Science Chapter 7 Diversity in Living Organisms
- PS Verma and VK Agarwal Biology class 9 solutions Chapter 7 Diversity in Living Organisms
Chapter 8 of NCERT Science introduces you to Physics, covering uniform and non-uniform motion, speed, and direction. By grasping these concepts, you'll be equipped to comprehend that everything on Earth is in motion as the planet keeps rotating.
In every day life, we see that many objects are stationary while others keep on changing their position.We can see beautiful birds flying and fishes swimming in water. Atoms, molecules, planets, comets, stars and galaxies are all moving. Many times, motion or change in position of an object cannot be seen directly but it can only be inferred through indirect evidence.
For example we know that air is moving when we see leaves moving but we cannot see it directly.Many times, motion is a complex phenomenon. The same object may appear to be moving for one person but may be stationary for the other. A person outside the car may see a car moving but two people inside the car may appear to be at rest with respect to each other.
Some objects move in a straight line while others move in a circular path.Let us study and try to solve these complexities of motion. Number of Questions in NCERT Class 9 Science Exercise for chapter-8 are 4 from Exercise-1 to 4 and having total Questions-27.
- MCQ Questions for class 9 Science Chapter 8 Motion
- Lakhmir Singh physics class 9 solutions Chapter 8 Motion
You have already gone through the basics of Force in Class 8, and now you will get to explore this topic further. You will become familiar with balanced and unbalanced forces, gain insights into the three laws of motion, and understand the works of physicist Galileo Galilei. This chapter will surely boost your understanding of Force and Motion.
We have already read about motion of a body along a straight line in terms of its velocity, acceleration and distance travelled by the body in a particular time. But what is the cause behind this motion?In day to day life, we observe that some effort is required to put a stationary object into motion or to stop it.
So, to produce motion, the effort which is required is called as “Force”.In this chapter, we will study about different concepts that revolve around “Force” as well as laws that govern motion.Number of Questions in NCERT Class 9 Science Exercise for chapter-9 are 4 from Exercise-1 to 4 and having total Questions-30
- MCQ Questions for class 9 Science Chapter 9 Force And Laws of Motion
- Lakhmir Singh physics class 9 solutions Chapter 9 Force And Laws Of Motion
In Class 9, you learned about Newton's dilemma: why do apples always fall from a tree? This chapter of class 9 will help you understand the concept of gravitational force and its workings better.
The force of interaction between any two particles having masses m1 and m2 separated by a distance r is attractive and acts along the line joining the particles. where G is a universal constant having the same value for all pairs of particles. Its numerical value is 6.67 x 10-11 Nm2/kg2.
The gravitational forces between two particles are an action – reaction pair. The first particle exerts a force on the second particle that is directed toward the first particle along the line joining the two.Similarly , the second particle exerts a force on the first particle that is directed towards the second particle along the line joining the two.
These forces are equal in magnitude but oppositely directed.Number of Questions in NCERT Class 9 Science Exercise for chapter-10 are 4 from Exercise-1 to 4 and having total Questions-28.
- MCQ Questions for class 9 Science Chapter 10 Gravitation
- Lakhmir Singh physics class 9 solutions Chapter 10 Gravitation
This chapter will help you grasp the scientific notion of work and several kinds of energy. You will have to use your math skills to complete the numerical, however, they are quite simple if one understands them and solves them daily.
When a force acts on a body and it moves through a certain distance, work is said to be done. The concept of work is closely related to energy as more the energy spent, more is the work done. A person with more power can also do more work. Let us study these concepts.
Topics To be covered are- Work done by a force, energy, power, kinetic and potential energy, law of conservation of energy. Number of Questions in NCERT Class 9 Science Exercise for chapter-11 are 4 from Exercise-1 to 4 and having total Questions-24.
- MCQ Questions for class 9 Science Chapter 11 Work and Energy
- Lakhmir Singh physics class 9 solutions Chapter 11 Work and Energy
You must be familiar with different sounds and echoes. This chapter looks into the journey of sound from its source to your ears and other concepts like echo, reverberation, sound wave propagation, etc.
CBSE Class 9 Science Chapter 12 covers sound production, sound propagation, sound reflection, range of hearing, applications of ultrasound, and the structure of the human ear. There are also a few questions in the chapter which can be solved only after understanding the concepts. So students must grasp and study the chapter carefully. Topics covered in this chapter are- Nature of sound and its propagation in different media, the range of hearing in humans; the speed of sound, ultrasound; a reflection of sound, and echo.
- MCQ Questions for class 9 Science Chapter 12 Sound
- Lakhmir Singh physics class 9 solutions Chapter 12 Sound
In this chapter, you will understand the significance of health, acute and chronic diseases, causes of diseases, etc. After reading this chapter, you will comprehend the importance of hygiene for good health.
NCERT Solutions for Class 9 Science chapter-13 deals with health problems and different types of diseases. It includes topics such as; Health and its failure, disease and its cause, and infectious diseases. This chapter is added to make students aware of different diseases to take care of their health and be fit and healthy.
- MCQ Questions for class 9 Science Chapter 13 Why Do We Fall ill
- PS Verma and VK Agarwal Biology class 9 solutions Chapter 13 Why Do We Fall ill
In recent years, there has been tremendous water scarcity in Chennai, Rajasthan, Bangalore, and Qatar. One must understand the various natural resources to resolve this problem and develop a practical solution effectively. This chapter of NCERT Solution Class 9 Science provides you exactly that: a clear comprehension of the role atmosphere plays in climate control and insight into the carbon and nitrogen cycles.
We are blessed with natural resources. These are necessary to meet the basic requirements of all life forms on Earth. Therefore, this chapter has been included by NCERT to provide knowledge about the types of resources available on Earth. This chapter deals with topics such as air, water, soil, the biogeochemical cycle and the ozone layer, its importance, and how humans pollute them.
- MCQ Questions for class 9 Science Chapter 14 Natural Resources
- PS Verma and VK Agarwal Biology class 9 solutions Chapter 14 Natural Resources
This chapter has imparted you with the knowledge of nutrients being supplied by air, water and soil. It has also provided insight into crop production and management, storage of grains, nutrition value of food, fertilizers, livestock rearing, fisheries and beekeeping.
The final chapter of NCERT Class 9 Science covers improving crop yields, fertilizer, storage of grains, manure, and animal husbandry. This chapter provides knowledge about agriculture, farming, and dairy.
- MCQ Questions for class 9 Science Chapter 15 Improvement in Food Resources
- PS Verma and VK Agarwal Biology class 9 solutions Chapter 15 Improvement in Food Resources
NCERT Solutions also encompass essential inquiries that are accessible to enhance your performance in examinations. These solutions serve as a valuable resource for comprehending the CBSE NCERT Class 9 Science syllabus more effectively. The NCERT Solutions PDF will empower you to grapple with intricate concepts and subjects, offering guidance in a methodical manner. These study materials stand as an optimal aid for achieving success in your exams. Each problem and its corresponding solution are elucidated step by step, further facilitating your grasp of the topics at hand. Fundamental concepts including Tissues, Living Organisms, Force, Motion, Laws of Motion, Energy, Attraction, Work, Sound, Natural Resources, and others hold significance in your learning journey, crucial for securing a commendable performance in your examinations.
|NCERT Solutions Class 9 Science Chapter-wise List|
|NCERT Solutions For Class 9 Science Chapter 1 - Matter in Our Surroundings|
|NCERT Solutions For Class 9 Science Chapter 2 - Is Matter Around Us Pure|
|NCERT Solutions For Class 9 Science Chapter 3 - Atoms and Molecules|
|NCERT Solutions For Class 9 Science Chapter 4 - Structure of The Atom|
|NCERT Solutions For Class 9 ScienceChapter 5 - The Fundamental Unit of Life|
|NCERT Solutions For Class 9 Science Chapter 6 - Tissues|
|NCERT Solutions For Class 9 Science Chapter 7 - Diversity in Living Organisms|
|NCERT Solutions For Class 9 Science Chapter 8 - Motion|
|NCERT Solutions For Class 9 ScienceChapter 9 - Force and Laws of Motion|
|NCERT Solutions For Class 9 Science Chapter 10 - Gravitation|
|NCERT Solutions For Class 9 Science Chapter 11 - Work and Energy|
|NCERT Solutions For Class 9 Science Chapter 12 - Sound|
|NCERT Solutions For Class 9 Science Chapter 13 - Why Do We Fall ill|
|NCERT Solutions For Class 9 Science Chapter 14 - Natural Resources|
|NCERT Solutions For Class 9 Science Chapter 15 - Improvement in Food Resources|
NCERT Solutions for Class 9 Science offer many benefits to students, making them an invaluable resource in their academic journey.
- Firstly, these solutions provide comprehensive and accurate answers to the questions presented in the NCERT textbooks. They act as a roadmap, guiding students through each topic with step-by-step explanations and elucidating complex concepts in a simplified manner.
- Furthermore, these solutions promote self-study and independent learning by encouraging students to solve problems on their own. This fosters critical thinking skills and boosts their confidence when tackling challenging topics.
- Additionally, NCERT Solutions for Class 9 Science are meticulously designed according to the latest syllabus prescribed by educational boards, ensuring that students cover all essential topics effectively. Moreover, they offer additional practice exercises that help solidify understanding and improve problem-solving abilities.
- Lastly, these solutions are an excellent revision tool before exams or tests as they consolidate key concepts and enable students to assess their knowledge gaps effortlessly.
Thus, NCERT Solutions for Class 9 Science is vital in empowering students with comprehensive subject knowledge while enhancing their overall academic performance.
Regarding NCERT Solutions for Class 9 Science, Physics Wallah is the best resource available.
- With its comprehensive and meticulously designed solutions, students can effortlessly grasp even the most complex scientific concepts. The platform offers in-depth explanations, step-by-step procedures, and relevant examples that align perfectly with the syllabus prescribed by NCERT.
- These solutions ensure a thorough understanding of the subject matter and aid in developing problem-solving skills crucial for acing exams. Moreover, Physics Wallah provides interactive videos that supplement the solutions and enhance conceptual clarity through visual demonstrations.
- The innovative approach keeps students engaged and motivated throughout their learning journey. Additionally, this platform caters to different learning styles by offering downloadable PDFs of solved exercises, allowing students to revise at their own pace offline or while on the go.
- Overall, Physics Wallah's dedication towards providing top-notch NCERT Solutions for Class 9 Science makes it an invaluable tool for every student striving to excel in this subject area.
When it comes to preparing for Class 9 Science, this are few essential tips:
- When it comes to preparing for Class 9 Science, one of the most crucial resources that students can rely on is the NCERT books. These textbooks provide a comprehensive and well-structured foundation for understanding various scientific concepts.
- To excel in this subject, it is important to develop a systematic approach towards studying these books.
- Firstly, students should start by thoroughly reading each chapter, making note of key points and terms along the way. Understanding the underlying principles behind different topics will enable them to grasp the subject more effectively.
- Additionally, solving exercise questions at the end of each chapter is essential as it helps reinforce their knowledge and provides an opportunity for self-assessment.
- It's also beneficial to refer to previous years' question papers or sample papers available online or through guidebooks as they give insight into exam patterns and types of questions asked.
- Furthermore, supplementing NCERT content with reference books or online study materials can enhance understanding and offer alternative explanations if needed.
- Lastly, creating a timetable allocating regular time slots specifically for studying science will ensure consistency in preparation throughout the academic year.
|CBSE Class 9 Science Syllabus||CBSE Class 9 Science Revision Notes|
|NCERT Solutions for Class 9 Maths||NCERT Solutions for Class 9 Social Scence|
|NCERT Solutions for Class 9 English|
Q1. Why are NCERT Solutions important for Class 9 Science preparation?
Ans. Students can use NCERT Solutions to better comprehend concepts by using their step-by-step solutions for Class 9 Science. With NCERT Solutions, students can solve problems effectively and perform well in exams.
Q2. Are NCERT Solutions sufficient for preparing for the Class 9 Science exam?
Ans. NCERT Solutions are an excellent starting point for Class 9 Science preparation since they cover all the topics prescribed in the official syllabus. Students are advised to supplement their learning with additional reference books, practice question papers, and other study materials to understand the subjects better and prepare for the exams.
Q3. What is the best place to find reliable and accurate NCERT Solutions for Class 9 Science?
Ans. The NCERT Solutions for Class 9 Science can be found on a number of websites, including official NCERT websites, educational websites, and study platforms.
Q4. Are the questions and exercises in NCERT Solutions sufficient for practice, or should I attempt more?
Ans. NCERT Solutions for practice, it is also a good idea to try additional questions from other textbooks. In addition to gaining confidence in the subject, solving various problems will expose you to different types of questions and improve your problem-solving skills.
Q5. How can I use NCERT Solutions for Class 9 Science effectively?
Ans. NCERT Solutions for Class 9 Science can be used to learn a variety of topics. By reading and understanding the solutions, you can quickly strengthen your foundation in science. Furthermore, the solutions cover all important concepts, making them ideal for exam preparation.
- chapter-1 Matter in Our Surroundings
- chapter-2 Is Matter around Us Pure
- chapter-3 Atoms and Molecules
- chapter-4 Structure of Atom
- chapter-5 The Fundamental Unit of Life
- chapter-6 Tissues
- chapter-7 Diversity in Living Organisms
- chapter-8 Motion
- chapter-9 Forces and Laws of Motion
- chapter-10 Gravitation
- chapter-11 Work and Energy
- chapter-12 Sound
- chapter-13 Why Do We Fall Ill
- chapter-14 Natural Resources
- chapter-15 Improvement in Food Resources