The Bihar School Examination Board (BSEB) is an autonomous body under the state education department of Bihar. It is a statutory body under section 3 of Bihar School Examination Act – 1952 and functions under the Bihar Government. The main function of Bihar education board is to conduct the following examination
1.Matric exams (i.e. Class 10 exams)
2.Intermediate exams (i.e. Class 12 exams)
BSEB Full Form-Bihar School Examination Board
Founder-Government of Bihar
Address Campus 1 – Sinha Library Road,
Patna – 800017, Bihar.
Campus 2 – Buddh Marg, Patna – 800001, Bihar Contact Phone No.- 0612-2226926
0612-2225549 , Fax No.-0612-2222575
1.The BSEB Class 10 exams (Matric exams) are conducted by the BSEB every year in the month of February (tentatively) every year.
2. Almost 16 to 17 lakh students, take the exam every year and the pass percentage has seen a rise in recent years.
3.The Bihar board also conducts the BSEB Class 12 exam i.e. Inter exams for the affiliated schools, across the state. The Class 12 exams are generally conducted in February and the results are declared in March.
4. BSEB also conducts the Class 12 supplementary exams, for all the three streams which include science, arts, and commerce.
5. The Bihar School Examination Board examines the end of the Secondary School stage, for prescribing a course of studies.
6. Normally every year the Bihar School Examination Board conducts the Annual Secondary School Examination in February/March and the Supplementary School Examination in August/September based on the course/syllabus as prescribed by the State Government.
7. Apart from the aforesaid Secondary School Examination, the Board also conducts departmental examinations (not on yearly basis) such as Diploma in Physical Education, Certificate in Physical Education, and Teachers Training Examination on such terms and conditions as laid down by the State Government.