Kerala Board of Public Examinations (KBPE)
The Kerala Board of Public Examinations (KBPE) is a governing body that manages and supervises intermediate and higher education in Kerala under the Ministry of Secondary Education. The board's duties include creating the curriculum, selecting textbooks, and administering exams for Kerala students in grades 1 to 12. This article will provide comprehensive information about the KBPE's functions and obligations and grade-specific study resources for students to prepare for their exams.
The official website has announced the dates for Kerala SSLC exams 2023, which will take place from March 9 to March 29, 2023, for class 10 students. Over 4.5 lakh students are expected to appear for these exams. Although the Kerala SSLC application form 2023 is yet to be released, practical exams for SSLC students are expected to be held tentatively in February. The mock exams for SSLC class 10 will occur from February 27 to March 3, 2023. According to the Kerala SSLC timetable 2023, the exams will be conducted in a single shift.
History Of Kerala Board of Public Examinations (KBPE)
Established in 1965, the Kerala Board of Public Examination oversees and regulates intermediate and higher education in Kerala. Its primary responsibilities include defining the curriculum and associated academic requirements for students and ensuring access to education for socio-economically and religiously marginalized groups through both private and regular means. As a government organization, the board develops its content and textbooks and provides education from Class I to Class XII. Additionally, it conducts public examinations for Class X and Class XII, resulting in the issuance of certificates.
Kerala Board of Public Examinations (KBPE)- Highlight
Checkout the highlights to get a update for KBPE Exam.
|Board||KBPE (Kerala Board of Public Examination)|
Kerala Board of Public Examinations,
Directorate of Secondary Education,
Office of Government Examinations,
|Secretary, General Education Department||Prof. C. Raveendranath|
|Official Language||Malayalam & English|
Kerela Board Date Sheet
The Kerala Pareeksha Bhavan (KPB) released the Kerala SSLC Exam Date Sheet 2023 on December 5, 2022, and it is now available on its website. The KBPE exam for 10th board is scheduled from March 9 to 29, 2023, and will be administered in pen-and-paper mode (Offline). KBPE SSLC Practical Exams will be held from February 1 to 25, 2023, while mock tests will be held by the Kerala Pareeksha Bhavan between February 27 and March 3, 2023. The Kerala SSLC Mock Exams are expected to last 1 hour and 45 minutes.
|KBPE SSLC Exam||March 9 to March 29, 2023|
|Kerala SSLC Result||May 2023|
|Kerala SSLC Result Revaluation||June 2023|
|Kerala SSLC Supplementary Exam||July 2023|
|Kerala SSLC Supplementary Exam Result||August 2023|
How To Download The KBPE Timetable
Here are the steps that students can follow to download the Kerala SSLC timetable 2023:
- Visit the official website of the Kerala Board (KBPE)
- Look for a link on the homepage that says "Kerala SSLC 2023 Time Table" and click on it.
- The Kerala SSLC timetable 2023 in PDF format will be displayed on the screen.
- Download and save the Kerala SSLC timetable 2023 for future reference.
- Take a printout of the Kerala SSLC exam timetable 2023 for quick access if needed.
Kerela Board Registration
- To apply for the Kerala SSLC Examination 2023, students can visit the official website and fill out the registration form before the last date to avoid penalties.
- Candidates appearing for the exam are classified into different categories, including School Going Candidates (SGC), Re-Admitted Candidates (RAC), Attendance Recouped Candidates (ARC), Candidature Cancelled Candidates (CCC), Betterment of Results Candidates (BT), and Private Candidates (PVT).
- The registration process differs for each category of candidates.
- School Going Candidates must not provide their data and photographs while registering for the exam. They can rectify any mistakes online and take a printout of the form after getting it countersigned by the head of their institution and submitting it to their respective DEOs.
- Other candidates must fill out the application form and submit it along with the prescribed fees to the Headmaster of the examination centre they have selected on the specified dates.
Kerela Board Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible to appear for the Kerala SSLC exams, students must meet the following criteria:
- They must be enrolled in class 10 at any Government/ Aided/ Unaided (Recognised) school and have successfully completed class 9.
- They must have maintained the required attendance in class 10.
- All dues for the current academic year must be cleared.
- Additionally, students must obtain the Kerala SSLC Admit Card 2023 before appearing for the exams.
Kerela Board Syllabus
The Kerala Board of Public Examinations (KBPE) is expected to release the syllabus for the upcoming SSLC exams soon. The KBPE has already released the syllabus for Kerala SSLC on their official website- kbpe.org. The syllabus for Kerala SSLC 2023 comprises essential topics for each subject, such as Maths, Science, Social Science, English, and others.
Kerela Board Exam Pattern
Students need to have knowledge of the exam pattern for the Kerala class 10 board exams after being familiar with the Kerala SSLC syllabus 2023. The exam pattern provides information about the marking scheme, the duration of the exam, the total number of questions, and the types of questions asked in the exam. This understanding will aid students in preparing for the exam more efficiently, resulting in good scores in the Kerala SSLC result in 2023 that will be available online.
|Subjects||Total Marks||Exam Duration||Total No Of Question|
|English||80||2.5 Hours||37 or 38|
|Social Science||80||2.5 Hours||25|
|Biology||40||1.5 Hours||22 or 23|
Kerela Board Admit Card
On February 14, 2023, the Kerala SSLC admit card 2023 was published online. Schools must provide the information required to download the SSLC admit card Kerala board. Students must bring the Kerala SSLC 2023 admit card to the exam hall. They should retain the Kerala SSLC 2023 admit card until the result is declared. The following steps can be taken to download the Kerala SSLC admit card 2023:
- Visit the official website
- Login using the necessary credentials
- Submit the required details
- The hall tickets of all Class 10 students will be displayed
- Download and save them
- Print copies of all Kerala SSLC hall tickets and distribute them to students.
Kerela Board Result
The Kerala Board of Public Examinations (KBPE) will declare the results of the Kerala SSLC exams 2023 in May 2023, and students can check their results online by entering their registration number. To check the SSLC result, students must visit the official website of the Kerala Board and click on the link to view their results. They need to enter their roll number and date of birth, then click the submit button to access their SSLC result for the Kerala board exam 2023.
Here are the detailed steps to check out the KBPE Result 2023
- Visit the official website at keralaresults.nic.in.
- Click on the link provided to check the Kerala SSLC result 2023.
- Enter the student's roll number and date of birth in the designated fields.
- Click on the "Submit" button.
- The Kerala SSLC result for the 2023 exams will be displayed on the screen.
Kerala SSLC SAY/ Improvement Exam 2023
The Kerala Pareeksha Bhavan is expected to organize the Kerala SSLC SAY Exam in July 2023. Students can obtain the Kerala SSLC SAY timetable 2023 by visiting the official website.
The Kerala SSLC SAY exam is conducted annually for students who cannot pass the regular board exams on their first attempt. To appear for the exam, students must pay a fee of Rs. 100/-, which includes the practical exam for one subject only. Additionally, regular students can sit for only one subject in the improvement exams.
The Kerala SSLC SAY exam results are anticipated to be released in August 2023.
KBPE Previous Year Question Papers and Sample Papers
The KBPE question papers are usually prepared by experts based on the KBPE syllabus. These question papers are meant to help students prepare for the exams by giving them a clear idea of the exam pattern, marking scheme, and the type of questions they can expect to see in the exam.
Students can access previous years' KBPE question papers on the official website of the Kerala Board of Public Examinations or obtain them from their respective schools. These question papers can be a valuable resource for students to practice and prepare for upcoming exams.
Frequently Asked Question (FAQs)
Q1. How can I obtain my KBPE exam certificates?
Ans. Students can obtain their KBPE exam certificates from their respective schools. The board sends the certificates to the schools after the results are announced.
Q2. How can I register for the KBPE exams?
Ans. Students can register for the KBPE exams through their respective schools. The school authorities will provide the students with the registration forms and other necessary details.
Q3. When was the Kerala Board of Public Examination established?
Ans.The Kerala Board of Public Examination, also known as the Kerala Pareeksha Bhavan, was established in the year 1965.