Environmental Sciences Introduction
Environmental science is the area of study that deals with the interactions of the physical, chemical, and biological elements of the environment and impact of these upon the living beings and the environment. Generally, environmental science is considered to be only natural science whereas it includes the study of social science and humanities also. Therefore, it is an interdisciplinary course.
Eligibility & Courses of Environmental science
10+2 examination or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Master’s Degree
- Ph. D (Environmental Science)
Institutes/Universities of Environmental science
- Allahabad University, Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh.
- Delhi University, Delhi
- School of Environmental Sciences, Jawaharlal Nehru University
- Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar University, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh.
- Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh.
- Bangalore University, Bengaluru.
- Barkatullah University, Bhopal.
- Central University of Haryana, Mahendragarh,
- Central University of Jammu, Samba
- Central University of Jharkhand, Ranchi
- Dr. B. R. Ambedkar Open University ,Telangana
Additional resource: Scientists to hunt microbes beneath Antarctic ice sheet An international team of scientists will begin the new year hunting for microbes and other living specimens in an unexplored lake far beneath the surface of the Antarctic ice sheet. The expedition, known as SALSA (Subglacial Antarctic Lakes Scientific Access), hopes to shed light on what kind of life can survive in such remote regions and serve as an on-Earth comparison for habitats deep inside Mars or on the ice-covered moons of Jupiter and Saturn.