Marine Engineering Introduction
Marine engineering deals with the nautical architecture and science and basically is meant for research conducted in oceans, coastal or inland waters connected to the sea. Marine engineers have the entire responsibility of the ship's technical management.
Eligibility of Marine Engineering
(10+2) with biology, maths and chemistry. For IITs, it is mandatory to qualify in the Joint Entrance Examinations (J.E.E). The duration of this course is 4 years.
Institutes/Universities for Marine Engineering
- International Institute of Maritime Science, (West Bengal),
- College of Engineering, (Andhra Pradesh),
- Maharashtra Academy of Naval Education & Training, (Maharashtra),
- Marine Engineering Research Institute, (West Bengal),
- Lal Bahadur Shastri College of Advanced Maritime Studies & Research, (Mumbai).
COURSES FOR Marine Engineering
- Diploma in Marine Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering in Marine Engineering
- Bachelor of Technology in Marine Engineering
- Bachelor of Technology in Naval architecture & Ocean Engineering
- Master of Technology in Air Armament
- Master of Engineering in Marine Engineering
- Master of Technology in Marine Engineering
- Master of Technology in Ocean Engineering and Naval Architecture
Salary Package of Marine Engineering
Salary of Marine Engineers mainly depends on their Rank, the ship they are sailing on and the company they are sailing the ship for alon with a lot of other factors. Here is the payscale of Marine Engineer’s in India.
- Fifth Engineer or Engineering Cadet: 35 to 75k per Month.
- Fourth Engineer: Rs 1.5 to 2.25 lacs INR per month
- Third Engineer: Rs 2.75- 3.5 lacs INR per month
- Second Engineer: Rs 4 to 5 lacs INR per month
- Chief Engineer: Rs 5 lacs and above INR per month