Mechanical Engineering Introduction
Mechanical engineering deals with the application of the principles of mechanics and energy to design machines and devices right from automobiles, trucks, airplanes to trains tractors, fax machines or even power plants. Robotic inspection systems, Cryogenic technology, Laser material processing are also some new emerging areas of study.
Eligibility of Mechanical Engineering
(10+2) with biology, maths, and chemistry. For IITs, It is mandatory to qualify in the Joint Entrance Examinations. The duration of the course is 4 years.
Institutes/Universities for Mechanical Engineering
- Achutha Institute of Technology, Bangalore (Karnataka)
- Reva Institute of Technology and Management, Bangalore (Karnataka)
- HKBK College of Engineering, Bangalore (Karnataka)
Mechanical Engineering is a very popular course and perhaps one of the oldest also. The list of institutes is exhaustive apart from the few mentioned here. A number of other institutes conduct this course
COURSES FOR Mechanical Engineering
- Certificate in Mechanic of four Wheeler
- Diploma in Mechatronics
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical Engineering
- Bachelor of Technology in Mechanical & Automation Engineering
- Bachelor of Technology in Mechanical Engineering
- Bachelor of Technology in Mechatronics
- Master of Engineering in Mechanical Engineering
- Master of Engineering in Tool Design
- Master of Technology in Mechanical Engineering
- Doctor of Philosophy in Mechanical Engineering
Salary Package of Mechanical Engineering
The average pay for a Mechanical Engineer is Rs 340,028 per year. Most people with this job move on to other positions after 10 years in this career. Skills that are associated with high pay for this job are C++, ANSYS, Engineering Design, ANSYS Simulation Software, and Project Management.