Mining Engineering Introduction
Mining engineering, also referred as mineral engineering, deals with the study of the techniques to extract and process minerals from their natural surroundings. A mining engineer has to study ore reserve analysis, operations and planning, mine health and safety, drilling, blasting, ventilation and related topics.
Eligibility of Mining Engineering
(10+2) biology, maths and chemistry. For IITs, it is mandatory to qualify in the Joint Entrance Examinations (JEE). The duration of the course is 4 years.
Institutes/Universities for Mining Engineering
- Dr. T. Thimmaiah Institute of Technology, Kolar (Karnataka)
- Anna University College of Engineering, Chennai (Tamil Nadu)
- Bengal Engineering and Science University, Howrah (West Bengal)
- Government Engineering College, Bilaspur (Chhattisgarh)
- Jai Narain Vyas University: Faculty of Engineering and Architecture, Jodhpur (Rajasthan)
- Maharana Pratap University of Agriculture and Technology: College of Technology and Engineering, Udaipur (Rajasthan)
- Rashtrasant Tukadoji Maharaj Nagpur University, Nagpur (Maharashtra)
COURSES FOR Mining Engineering
- BE Mining Engineering
- B.Tech Mining Engineering
- Diploma in Mining and Mine Surveying Engineering
- ME Mining Engineering
- M.Tech Mining Engineering
- PG Research Programme on Materials Resource Engineering
- Ph. D Mining Engineering
- Postgraduate Diploma in Mineral Engineering
Salary Package of Mining Engineering
Mining Engineers will get lucrative pay in the field of mining engineering. In India, they will receive an average salary of 6 to 8 lacs per year. Your salary will also depends on your skills and experienceengi, location and the organization you are working for.