The entrance examination for degree-level engineering institutions and other professional colleges has been assigned to Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University Uttar Pradesh, Lucknow vide Govt. order no. 4299/सोलह-1-2017-14(54)/2012 dated 06-12-2017. The Govt. of Uttar Pradesh, Technical Education Department, has consented to the constitution of the Central Admission Board (CAB) under the Chairmanship of the Vice Chancellor, Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University Uttar Pradesh.
To supervise and control the State Entrance Examination, referred to as UPSEE-2018, by Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University Uttar Pradesh, Lucknow vide Govt. order no. 05/सोलह-1-2017-14(54)/2012 dated 16-01-2018. The CAB has absolute rights to conduct UPSEE-2018 and to decide about modalities of admissions and allotment of seats.
The jurisdiction of CAB extends to colleges/institutes affiliated with AKTU, Lucknow. The CAB is authorized to take every decision regarding conduct and admissions through UPSEE-2019.
MODE OF ADMISSION
ADMISSION TO FIRST YEAR The Entrance Examination for admission to the first year of the following courses offered at the Institutions affiliated to AKTU, Lucknow, including other mentioned universities situated in the territory of Uttar Pradesh for the academic year 2018-2019, shall be conducted by Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University Uttar Pradesh, Lucknow.
- 4 years B.Tech./B.Tech. (Ag. Engg.) Course
- 4 years B.Tech (Biotechnology) Course
- 4 years B.Pharm. Course
- 5 years B.Arch. Course
- 4 years B.Des. Course
- 4 years BHMCT Course
- 4 years BFAD Course
- 4 years of BFA Courses
- 2 years MBA Course
- 3 years MCA Course
- 5 years MCA (Integrated)Course
- 5 years MBA (Integrated)Course
DIRECT ADMISSION (LATERAL ENTRY) TO SECOND YEAR OF B.Tech./ B.Pharm./MCA
- The eligible candidates (Refer to clause 3.3) seeking direct admission to the second year of B.Tech. (for engineering diploma holders and B.Sc. graduates) or B.Pharm. (Only for pharmacy diploma holders) or MCA (for BCA, B.Sc (IT/ Computer Science) degree holders) in institutions affiliated with AKTU, Lucknow are required to submit the application forms by the last date. Such candidates must also appear in the specified paper for the entrance examination.
- Such seats are limited to 20% of the previous year's sanctioned intake in institutions/ colleges for different courses at the first year level.
- However, for B.Tech. the students belonging to the B.Sc. stream shall be considered ONLY AFTER filling the seats in this category with students of the Diploma stream.
- Direct admission to the Second year shall not be made in B.Arch./BHMCT/BFAD/BFA/MBA/ Courses.The Candidate who has passed the qualifying examination from other than Uttar Pradesh State and whose parents are not domicile of Uttar Pradesh State are not eligible for Direct admission to the second year of B.Tech/B.Pharm/ and MCA (Lateral Entry).
SEATS UNDER DIFFERENT SCHEMES IN THE FIRST YEAR
- Number of admissions in all courses offered at Institutions affiliated with AKTU, Lucknow, will be only through UPSEE-2018 after deducting the seats filled under clause
- UP State Govt. has permitted 15% of total sanctioned seats available in Private Institutions to be filled by the Management quota /NRI candidates, and the same shall be filled up following the procedure prescribed in the Govt. orders. The remaining seats in various courses offered at all the Institutions affiliated with AKTU, Lucknow will be filled through UPSEE-2018 counseling.
- 3UP State Govt. has permitted 10% of the total sanctioned seats available for admission in the first year in Technology / Architecture courses in private institutions affiliated to AKTU to be filled through the Merit of Non-U.P. Domicile candidates without reservation subject to eligibility conditions given in this Information Brochure.
- Thus, 10% of the total sanctioned seats for admission in the first year in Technology / Architecture courses in Private Institutions affiliated with AKTU shall be opened to candidates whose parent belongs to a State other than Uttar Pradesh. And has passed the qualifying examination from an institution outside U.P. These seats shall be filled based on UPSEE-2018 Merit.
- Thus, for Government/ Government Aided/ Govt. Self Financed Institutes, 100% of the seats in all courses in the first year will be filled by UPSEE-2018 qualified candidates.
- For private colleges, 85% of seats in all the courses will be filled by UPSEE-2018 qualified candidates.