Maths formulas for class 10 chapter- Constructions Formula
Jul 08, 2022, 16:45 IST
For drawing geometrical figures such as a triangle, a circle, a quadrilateral, a polygon, etc. with given measurements some basic geometrical instruments are needed
- A pair of set-squares, with angles 90°, 60° and 30° and other with angles 90°, 45° and 45°
- A divider
- A compass with provision of fitting a pencil at one end.
- A protractor
But a geometrical construction is the process of drawing a geometrical figure using only two instruments- an un graduated ruler and a compass. In construction where measurements are also required, one may use a graduated scale and protractor also.
- To construct the bisector of a given angle.
- To construct the perpendicular bisector of a given line segment. 3 To construct and angle of 30°, 45°, 60°, 90°, 120° at the initial point of a given ray.
Construction of a Tangent to a Circle
- To draw the tangent to a circle at a point on it without using the center of the circle.
- To draw a tangent to a circle from a point outside the circle using its center.
- To draw tangents to a circle from a point outside the circle without using its center.
- To construct an incircle of the triangle whose sides are given to be a, b, and c.
- To construct the circumcircle of the triangle with sides a, b and c.
Construction of Triangles
- To construct a triangle with a given base, vertical angle, and altitude through the vertex.
- To construct a triangle with a given base, given vertical angle, and the median through the vertex.
- To construct a triangle similar to a given triangle as per the given scale factor.
Construction of Quadrilaterals
- To construct a quadrilateral similar to a given quadrilateral as per the given scale factor.
Physics Wallah prepared detail NCERT Solutions do solve questions given in NCERT text book with the help of NCERT Solution for class 10 Maths. Students can also access the class 10 math notes from here and If any students need to take the online test to check their concepts or undertstanding then they can visit Maths Quiz for class 10.
To download the pdf of maths formulas for class 10 chapter- Constructions click the Link given below