ICSE Worksheet for chapter-1 Matter And Its Composition class 9
Worksheet For class 9
Find ICSE Worksheet for chapter-1 Matter And Its Composition class 9
Chemistry Worksheet - 1
TOPIC: Matter And Its Composition
For other ICSE Worksheet for class 9 Science check out main page of Physics Wallah.
MATTER AND ITS COMPOSITION
- Introduction, branches of chemistry.
- Definition, composition, characteristics of matter.
- States of matter, main postulates of kinetic theory of matter.
- Explanation of change of matter on the basis of kinetic theory.
- Law of conservation of mass and its limitations.
Name the change of state during the following changes-
- Formation of clouds.
- Drying of wet cloths.
- Formation of snow.
- Melting of wax when kept in sunshine.
State whether the following statements are true or false –
- Interconversion of matter does not involve change in mass of the substance.
- Sublimation occurs only when the solid is heated.
- An increase in pressure raises the melting point of solid.
- Inter-molecular spaces are maximum in solids.
- Gases does not have any free surfaces.
Distinguish between the following :
- Boiling and evaporation.
- Gas and vapour.
- Can heat be classified as matter ?
- Which of the following does not sublime at all – snow, camphor, dry ice, mercury, sodium?
- State the characteristics of gas that make them highly compressible.
- State the characteristics of solid that make them rigid.
- State the characteristics of liquid that make them fluid.
- State the law of conservation of mass ? Describe its experimental verification.
- What are the two factors responsible for inter conversion of matter?
Explain the following on basis of kinetic theory :
Give reasons :
- Light is not considered as matter.
- On heating a substance at its melting point the inter-particle space increases.
- Naphthalene balls become smaller day by day.
- When iron is heated with sulphur, iron sulphide is formed .The total mass of iron and sulphur is equal to the mass of iron sulphide.
- Why do solids and liquids have an open surface while gases do not ?
- Name two substances which sublime at room temperature.
- Class 9 Physics Notes
- Class 9 Chemistry Notes
- Class 9 Biology Notes
- Class 9 Maths Notes
- Class 9 Online Quiz Physics
- Class 9 Online Quiz Chemistry
- Class 9 Online Quiz Maths
- NCERT Solutions For Class 9
- RS Aggarwal Solutions Class-9
- RD Sharma solutions Class-9
- VK Agarwal Solution Class 9
- Lakhmir Singh Solutions Physics
- Lakhmir Singh Solutions Chemistry
- Important Question Class-9 Maths
- Important Question Class-9 Science
- Maths sample papers class 9
- Ask your Doubt
- Science Formulas
- Maths Formula
- NCERT Exemplar Class 9 Maths