ISCE Worksheet for chapter-7 Halogen class 9
Worksheet For class 9
Find ICSE Worksheet for chapter-9 Halogen class 9
Chemistry Worksheet - 9
For other ICSE Worksheet for class 9 Science check out main page of Physics Wallah.
- Position in the periodic table.
- Similarity with alkali metals and halogen.
- Discovery, occurrence, general methods of preparation, laboratory method (by action of dil. Acid on zinc), Industrial method (Bosch process, electrolysis of water or brine, from natural gas, from CaH₂).
- Tests and uses.
- Write two equations which suggest that hydrogen is a reducing agent.
Choose the words from the options given in the brackets to complete these sentences.
- When CuO reacts with hydrogen,_________ is reduced and is oxidized to (CuO, H₂, Cu, H₂O).
- Hydrogen is soluble in water. (sparingly, highly, moderately).
- Sodium reacts smoothly with cold water. (metal, amalgam, in the molten state)
- Metals like , and give H₂ with steam. (iron, magnesium, aluminium, sodium, calcium)
- A metal____________ hydrogen in the activity series gives hydrogen with________ acid or acid. (above, below, hydrochloric, nitric acid , dilute sulphuric)
Give reasons :
- Why hydrogen is collected by the downward displacement of water and not by air, even though it is lighter than air.
- A candle when brought near the mouth of the jar containing hydrogen gas starts burning but the candle is extinguished when pushed into the jar.
- An oxy-hydrogen flame is used for welding and cutting metals.
- Apparatus for the laboratory preparation of hydrogen should be air tight and away from a naked flame.
SECTION – 2
- How does hydrogen occur in nature ?
- Which test should be made before collecting hydrogen in a glass jar ?
In which respect hydrogen differs from –
- Alkali metals.
- How will you prepare hydrogen gas in laboratory ? State three precautions necessary for the collection of hydrogen.
- How is hydrogen prepared industrially by Bosch process ?
- Without burning hydrogen, how can you prove that its product of oxidation is water ?
- Give important uses of hydrogen.
- Class 9 Physics Notes
- Class 9 Chemistry Notes
- Class 9 Biology Notes
- Class 9 Maths Notes
- Class 9 Online Quiz Physics
- Class 9 Online Quiz Chemistry
- Class 9 Online Quiz Maths
- NCERT Solutions For Class 9
- RS Aggarwal Solutions Class-9
- RD Sharma solutions Class-9
- VK Agarwal Solution Class 9
- Lakhmir Singh Solutions Physics
- Lakhmir Singh Solutions Chemistry
- Important Question Class-9 Maths
- Important Question Class-9 Science
- Maths sample papers class 9
- Ask your Doubt
- Science Formulas
- Maths Formula
- NCERT Exemplar Class 9 Maths