SSC Worksheet for chapter-1 Inside the Atom class 9
Worksheet For class 9
Fill in the Blanks
- The name atom was first proposed by __________.
- Presence of charge neutrality with in an atom is accredited to ________.
In well know gold foil experiment source of alpha particles were
- nuclear fusion of
- radioactive decay
- chemical reaction of atom
- Thickness of gold foil in Rutherford experiment was __________cm.
- Electrons revolve around nucleus in a fixed path known as __________.
- According to Bohr’s model, electron could jump between fixed orbits but not freely. (True/ False)
- Discovery of neutron was done by__________ is year___________.
- Atomic orbits are also known as ____________.
- Maximum number of electrons in 9th shell is given by __________.
- Energy of electrons in subsequent higher orbit keeps on _________.
- Calcium 2+ion(Ca2+ ) has 18 electrons in its atom. Its atomic number is _________.
- 1 amu is equal to ____________ kg.
- Number of proton and neutron in a carbon atom is 6 & 8 respectively and that of a nitrogen atom is of 7 respectively. Their mass number is ________ and _______. There for they are __________.
- Electronic Configuration of oxygen is _________.
- Nucleons are present inside __________.
- Explain drawbacks of Thomson’s theory of atom.
- What are Rutherford’s Gold Foil experimental findings and his propositions based on these facts.
- How did Bohr’s atomic model account for drawback of Rutherford model?
- What are subatomic particles, name them?
- What is electronic configuration?
For other SSC Worksheet for class 9 Science check out main page of Physics Wallah.
- J Thomson
- James Chadwick , 1932
- 1 .67377 × 10-27
- 14, 14, Isobars
- 2, 6
Draw back of Thompsons theory
- Conduction of electricity was not well explained based on electron election
- Nothing regarding nucleus was explained.
fixing of Gold foil experiment:
- Most of particles passed straight
- Some deviated at small angles
- A very few bounced bank towards the source
- (i) Atom has a tiny, dense, positively changed core could a nucleus in which mass of an atom is concentrated.
- (ii) The Light relatively changed electrons revolve around the nucleus is paths called orbits like solar system
Revision is Rutherford’s model by Nails Bohr
- (i) The electrons were confincal is to clearly defined orbit
- (ii) They could not jump forcely in ward or outward
- (iii) For any jump is orbit: is has is absorb or emit energy
- Electron, proton, Neutron, Portion, Boson etc.
- Electronic configuration: The arrangement of electrons is different credits & orbits to explain & understand the chemical behavior of atoms known a electronic configuration.
- Class 9 Physics Notes
- Class 9 Chemistry Notes
- Class 9 Biology Notes
- Class 9 Maths Notes
- Class 9 Online Quiz Physics
- Class 9 Online Quiz Chemistry
- Class 9 Online Quiz Maths
- NCERT Solutions For Class 9
- RS Aggarwal Solutions Class-9
- RD Sharma solutions Class-9
- VK Agarwal Solution Class 9
- Lakhmir Singh Solutions Physics
- Lakhmir Singh Solutions Chemistry
- Important Question Class-9 Maths
- Important Question Class-9 Science
- Maths sample papers class 9
- Ask your Doubt
- Science Formulas
- Maths Formula
- NCERT Exemplar Class 9 Maths