FACTS ABOUT QUADRILATERAL
Practical geometry of Class 8
A quadrilateral has ten parts in all : four sides, for angles and two diagonals.
We shall learn to construct a quadrilateral in the following simple cases:
- when the lengths of four sides and one diagonal are given;
- when the lengths of three sides and the two diagonals are given;
- when three angles and two included sides are given.
- when the lengths of three sides and two included angles are given;
- when the lengths of four sides and one angle are given;
We can identify different quadrilaterals based on the properties sides, diagonals and angles.
Quadrilaterals are made up of ten parts. However, to construct them, you do not need to know the measurements of all of them. In case of special quadrilaterals, like the rectangle, just two measurements, the lengths of its adjacent sides are enough to construct it.
A kite can be constructed if the lengths of its distinct adjacent sides and one diagonal are known. Similarly, a square can be constructed with just the length of its side, while a rhombus can be constructed when the lengths of its diagonals are known.