ICSE Worksheet for chapter-7 Control and Coordination class 10
Worksheet For class 10
This page is prepared by the Academic team of Physics Wallah which consists of ICSE Board Worksheet for Class 10 Biology. Students of Class 10 Biology can get a free Worksheet for Class 10 Biology in PDF format prepared as per the newest syllabus and examination pattern in your schools.
Standard 10 students can practice questions and answers which are given here for Biology in Grade 10 that will help them to improve their knowledge of all important chapters and their topics. Students can also download free pdf of Class 10 Biology Notes prepared by teachers and solve important problems provided here with solutions on daily basis to get more scores in school exams and tests.
If any students need to take the online test to check their concepts or undertstanding then they can visit Biology Quiz for Class 10.
Objective Type Questions
Q1. One of the following statements is not true about thyroxine. This is:
- Thyroid gland requires iron to synthesize thyroxine
- It regulates carbohydrates, protein and fat metabolism
- Iodine is essential for the synthesis of thyroxine
- Its undersecretion causes goitre
Q2. The underactive endocrine gland which causes goitre is:
Q3. The endocrine gland whose malfunctioning causes diabetes disease is:
Q4. The dramatic changes in body features associated with puberty are mainly because of the secretion of:
- Estrogen from testes and testosterone from ovary
- Estrogen from adrenal gland and testosterone from pituitary gland
- Testosterone form testes and estrogen from ovary
- Testosterone from thyroid gland and estrogen from pituitary gland
Subjective Type Questions
- Q5. Why is the use of iodised salt advisable ?
Q6. Write down the source, site and functions of the following:
- Q7. How does chemical coordination take place in animals ?
- Q8. Which gland secretes the growth hormone?
- Q9. How does our body respond when adrenaline is secreted into the blood ?
- Q10. Compare and contrast nervous and hormonal mechanisms for control and coordination in animals.
Q11. Complete the following from 1 to 10:
Gland Secretion Junction/Effect on body
- Lacrimal gland
- Adrenal medulla
- Promotes glucose utilization by the body cells
Q12. Study the diagram below and answer the questions below :
(i) Name the cells of the pancreas that produces
(ii) State the main function
(iii) Why is the pancreas referred to as an eco-endocrine gland?
(iv) Why is the insulin not given orally but is injected into the body ?
(v) What is the technical terms for the cells of the pancreas that produces endocrine hormones ?
- Q13. Differentiate between simple goitre and exopthalmic goiter (cause of the disorder).
- Q14. What is the function of Hypothalamus ?
- Q15. Write the name of various endocrine glands of human.
- Class 10 Physics Notes
- Class 10 Chemistry Notes
- Class 10 Biology Notes
- Class 10 Maths Notes
- Chapter Wise Quiz Class 10 Physics
- Chapter Wise Quiz Class 10 Chemistry
- Chapter Wise Quiz Class 10 Biology
- Chapter Wise Quiz Class 10 Maths
- Previous year Board Papers
- Sample Papers Maths Class 10
- Sample Papers Science Class 10
- NCERT Maths Solutions Class-10