CBSE Worksheet for Chapter - 9 Reaching The Age of Adolescence Class 8
Worksheets For class 8
Find CBSE Worksheet for chapter-9 Reaching The Age of Adolescence class 8
- BOARD: CBSE
- BIOLOGY Worksheet - 9
- TOPIC: Reaching The Age of Adolescence
- For otherCBSE Worksheet for class 8 Science
- check out main page of Physics Wallah.
- Follicle stimulating hormone is secreted by __________ gland.
- __________ hormone maintains salt balance in the body.
Reproductive age in women starts when their
- menstruation starts
- breast start developing
- body weight increases
- height increases
4. Which hormone is associated with milk secretion in mammals?
5. Which hormones regulate the growth of metamorphosis in frog?
- What are the main functions of pituitary gland?
- Reproductive life of a woman lasts from menarche to menopause. Explain.
- Which hormone is responsible for maintenance of pregnancy?
- Write the name of two hormones secreted by the thyroid gland.
- What is menstruation? Explain.
Solutions: to worksheet-9 Topic- Reaching The Age of Adolescence
- (ADH) Vasopressin
- (a) menstruation starts
- (b) Prolactin
- (c) Thyroxin
- Pituitary gland influences the secretion of other glands in the body. Hence it is called the master gland.
- The hormones secreted by pituitary gland are trophic hormones like TSH and GH.
- TSH stimulates the growth and functions of thyroid gland.
- Growth hormone (GH) stimulates the growth and development of the body
In females, the reproductive phase of life begins at puberty with the starting of menstruation called as menarche, when the first menstrual flow begins.
- One mature ovum is released every month and the uterus prepares for pregnancy by stimulating hormones.
- At the age of 45 to 50 years the menstrual cycle stops, this is called menopause.
- Since there is no mature ova, there is no chance for pregnancy.
- Thus the reproductive life of woman is from menarche to menopause.
- Progesterone is the hormone responsible for pregnancy.
- The hormones released by thyroid gland is thyroxine and calcitonin.
- The ova begin to mature with the onset of puberty. One ovum matures and is released by one of the ovaries once in about 28 to 30 days.
- During this period, the wall of the uterus becomes thick so as to receive the egg, in case it is fertilized and begin to develop. This results in pregnancy.
- If fertilization does not occur, the released egg, and the thickened lining of the uterus along with its blood vessels are shed off.
- This causes bleeding in women which is called menstruation.
- Class 8 Physics Notes
- Class 8 Chemistry Notes
- Class 8 Biology Notes
- Class 8 Maths Notes
- Class 8 SST Notes
- Online Quiz Class 8 Physics
- Online Quiz Class 8 Chemistry
- Online Quiz Class 8 Biology
- Online Quiz Class 8 Maths
- Online test Class 8 SST
- MCQ Questions for class 8 Science
- Important Questions Class 8 Maths
- Sample Paper Class 8 Science
- Sample Papers Class 8 Maths
- NCERT solutions class 8
- RS Aggarwal Solutions Class-8
- Lakhmir Singh Solutions Class 8
- Ask your Doubt
- Science Formulas