ICSE Worksheet for Chapter - 5 Air and Burning Class 8
Worksheets For class 8
Find ICSE Worksheet for chapter-5 Air and Burning class 8
- BOARD: ICSE
- Chemistry Worksheet - 5
- TOPIC: Air and Burning
- For other ICSE Worksheet for class 8 Science check out main page of Physics Wallah.
- Discovery of gases in air.
- Ramsay’s experiment for the discovery of noble gases.
- Composition of air (N₂, O₂, CO₂, H₂O, inert gases, noble gases).
- Experiments to show the presence of component of air.
- Burning – Definition, terms involved –combustible, non-combustible, supporter and non-supporter of combustion, condition for burning, experiment to show that there is change in mass on burning.
- Air – (a mixture or compound), air pollution – its control and effects.
Fill in the blanks-
- The component of air essential for growth of plants and animals is ____________.
- The product formed when carbon burns in oxygen of air is ______________
- _______________ and __________ are gaseous pollutant which dissolves in rain water resulting in the formation of acid rain.
- __________is filled in observatory balloons.
Name the following :
- The component of air which acts as nuclei for precipitation of rain water.
- The discovery of the gas ‘ fixed air ‘ was later recognized as.
- An unreactive gas ‘argon’ was discovered by.
- A chemical reaction which involves oxidation of substances with oxygen of the air.
- A gas which effects the bleaching of leaf pigments.
- It’s the warming of the earth’s surface due to the blanketing effect of man - made CO2 gas in the air.
Match the following:
- COLUMN A COLUMN B
- A. A gas which is non-combustible but supports combustion H2S
- B. Air pollutant causes headache and nausea on man. NO
- C. A gas which is combustible but a non- supporter of combustion O2
- D. Pollutant released during lightning Discharge CO
Name the scientist who discovered the following gases:
- carbon dioxide
- Explain RAMSAY’s experiment for the discovery of noble gases.
- State the different components of the air and its function.
- Show that air is essential for burning.
- Is air a mixture or a compound ?
- What are the sources of air pollution ?
- Describe the processes involved for controlling air pollution.
- Class 8 Physics Notes
- Class 8 Chemistry Notes
- Class 8 Biology Notes
- Class 8 Maths Notes
- Class 8 SST Notes
- Online Quiz Class 8 Physics
- Online Quiz Class 8 Chemistry
- Online Quiz Class 8 Biology
- Online Quiz Class 8 Maths
- Online test Class 8 SST
- MCQ Questions for class 8 Science
- Important Questions Class 8 Maths
- Sample Paper Class 8 Science
- Sample Papers Class 8 Maths
- NCERT solutions class 8
- RS Aggarwal Solutions Class-8
- Lakhmir Singh Solutions Class 8
- Ask your Doubt
- Science Formulas