ICSE Worksheet for Chapter - 1 The Universe Class 8
Worksheets For class 8
Find ICSE Worksheet for chapter-1 Sound Wave class 8
- BOARD: ICSE
- PHYSICS Worksheet - 1
- TOPIC: The Universe
- For other ICSE Worksheet for class 8 Science check out main page of Physics Wallah.
- Introduction, Galaxy, Constellation, Solar systems: Sun and 8 planets, Dwarf planet
- Moon: Phases, tides and eclipses, Other solar- system bodies, Artificial satellites
SECTION I – OBJECTIVE
The branch of science that deals with the heavenly bodies is called
Pole star belongs to the constellation
- Ursa Major
- Ursa Minor
The planet with ring around itself is
India’s first satellite put in space was
An instrument used to observe heavenly bodies is called
The planet farthest from the sun is
The streak of light caused by heavenly bodies burning completely while moving through the atmosphere is called
- a comet
- a meteor
- an asteroid
- a meteorite
Our solar system belongs to the
- Whirlpool galaxy
- Seyfert galaxy
- Milky way galaxy
- Radio galaxy
Halley’s comet was last seen in 1986. In which year will it be seen again?
The first satellite sent to space was
SECTION II - SUBJECTIVE
Find the odd one out. Give reasons.
- Orion, Scorpio, Ursa Major, Pole star
- Planet, Sun, meteor, comet
- Uranus, Pluto, Moon, Mercury
- Uranus, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn
- Describe the solar system.
- What is a planet? Name the various planets.
- Give the difference between a star and a planet.
- Define a satellite. Describe the salient features of a natural satellite.
Define the terms:
- Differentiate between classical and dwarf planet.
Solutions: to worksheet-1 Topic- The Universe
|1. (D)||2. (A)||3. (C)||4. (B)||5. (A)||6. (B)||7. (B)||8. (C)||9. (C)||10. (A)|
- Class 8 Physics Notes
- Class 8 Chemistry Notes
- Class 8 Biology Notes
- Class 8 Maths Notes
- Class 8 SST Notes
- Online Quiz Class 8 Physics
- Online Quiz Class 8 Chemistry
- Online Quiz Class 8 Biology
- Online Quiz Class 8 Maths
- Online test Class 8 SST
- MCQ Questions for class 8 Science
- Important Questions Class 8 Maths
- Sample Paper Class 8 Science
- Sample Papers Class 8 Maths
- NCERT solutions class 8
- RS Aggarwal Solutions Class-8
- Lakhmir Singh Solutions Class 8
- Ask your Doubt
- Science Formulas