PROBLEM SOLVING STRATEGY
Force Laws of Motion of Class 9
The Following procedure is recommended when dealing with problems involving the application of Newton’s laws:
- Draw a simple, neat diagram of the system.
- Isolate the object whose motion is being analyzed. Draw a free-body diagram of this object, that is, a diagram showing all external forces acting on the object. For systems containing more than one object, draw separate free body diagram for each object. Do not include in the free-body diagram forces that the object exerts on its surroundings.
- Establish convenient coordinate axes for each object and find the components of the forces along these axes. Apply Newton’s second law, ΣF = ma, in component form. Check your dimensions to make sure that all terms have units of force.
NCERT solutions for class 9 Science prepared by pw will help you to solve your NCERT text book exercise.
- PROBLEM SOLVING STRATEGY
- APPLICATIONS OF IMPULSE EQUATION IN DAILY LIFE
- GALILEO’s EXPERIMENTS
- NEWTON’s LAWS OF MOTION
- First Law Of Motion By Help Of Second Law Of Motion
- IMPULSES OF FORCE
- Impulse During An Impact Or Collision
- DIFFERENT TYPES OF FORCES
- Solved questions
- Exercise 1
- Exercise 2
- Exercise 3
- Exercise 4 (Fill in the blanks)
- Exercise 5 (Subjective)