Following are the AFMC MBBS exam pattern mentioned below:
|English and logical||45|
Duration: The exam duration will be 30 minutes.
Type of Question: There will be objective type (MCQ)
Total Number of Questions: 40 MCQs
Total marks: 80
Marking Scheme: 2 marks will be awarded for each correct answer. 0.5 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.
METHOD OF SELECTION
- Eligible candidates who are interested to join AFMC Pune, to pursue the MBBS course will have to mandatorily appear for the AIPMT - 2019 examination to be conducted by CBSE and should have ticked on the option for AFMC and also apply online to AFMC Pune on the websites mentioned in para 17 below. The AIPMT - 2019 Roll number starting with 8, is an eight digit number and is essential for being recognized for admission to AFMC Pune and shall be required at all stages of admission process. BE CAREFUL NOT TO ENTER REGISTRATION NUMBER OF AIPMT- 2019.
- Candidates who are appearing in the AIPMT - 2019 examination will have to register and apply online to AFMC Pune on the website www.afmc.nic.in OR www.afmcdg1d.gov.in with the AIPMT - 2019 Roll number.
- On declaration of the AIPMT-2014 results by CBSE, AFMC Pune shall draw merit from amongst the candidates who have applied to AFMC Pune and also appeared for the AIPMT -2019 examination.
- The online registration numbers of the candidates who are shortlisted for interview based on merit will be displayed on the website. They will also be intimated on their registered E - Mail ID and will find the call letters for the interview once they log into their account. The college / DGAFMS however takes no responsibility for any delay, error or omission in the registration numbers published in the newspapers.
INTERVIEW OF SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES
- The shortlisted candidates in order of online registration numbers will be called for Test of English Language, Comprehension, Logic and Reasoning (ToELR) and Psychological assessment cum Interview to be held in the month of June / July at AFMC, Pune.
- Test of English Language, Comprehension, Logic and Reasoning (ToELR) will be in the form of CBT (Computer Based Test) consisting of 40 MCQs of 2.0 marks each amounting to a maximum of 80 marks and will be held at AFMC Pune. There will be negative marks of 0.5 for every incorrect answer. These 40 questions will be required to be answered in 30 minutes. The marks obtained in ToELR will be added to AIPMT-2019 score (max of 720) to get a score out of 800. This will be divided by 4 to get the written examination score out of 200. The interview will consist of 50 marks. The final merit will be based on the Final score thus obtained (Written examination score + Interview marks).
- No enquiries on telephone / fax regarding results will be entertained by office of DGAFMS New Delhi or AFMC Pune.
Ten seats out of 130 are reserved for SC/ST candidates. The following procedure will be followed for admission of SC/ST candidates against the reserved seats subject to fulfilling the following criteria:-
- The SC/ST candidates must have applied to AFMC Pune and also qualified in the AIPMT-2014 written examination and should have come within the zone to be called up for interview.
- If shortlisted and called for interview, they must come within the first 500 in the final combined merit list of boys and girls as per the Final score obtained.
- They must fulfill all other conditions/standards in so far as age, academic qualification, medical fitness, and so on is concerned as applicable to non SC/ST candidates.
- These reserved seats will be in addition to any vacancies secured by SC/ST candidates on the basis of their position in the merit lists.
- In case of any SC/ST girl/boy, admitted against reserved vacancies the number of girls/boys to be admitted against the general seats will be reduced correspondingly.
- All such candidates will have to sign a surety bond on the same lines and on the same conditions as general candidates.